Hushed Willows All this pain I hold
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All Welcome 
Backdated to the 2nd. Please let me know if I should change something! You are completely free to power play Etephyr at any time for continuity @Omnium

Come hell or high water, they pressed onward, trudging through the harsh rain and whipping winds. Mud clung to Etephyrs legs, pulling and ripping her fur hair by hair as dry spots formed. The sun had been blotted out by the near constant storms, it was miserable but their choices were sparse. It wasn't until they had crossed over the mountains did they find some semblance of shelter from the north easterly winds, which in turn sheltered them from the rains as the towering mountain took the brunt of it. They found themselves within a commodious willow forest, the long graceful arching branches further shielding them from what rain managed to slip past the mountain. They could dry themselves here, wait for the harsh of the storm to pass before moving on once again. Least that's what Etephyr wanted, deciding to collapse on the largest tree she could find with a loud huff.
She looked to Omnium, wondering if he felt as rugged as she did. Etephyr looked the part, complete with unkempt patches of fur that stuck outward, other mud infused fur that clumped together into large and small beads. Omnium was strong, a man of fortitude. She gathered that quickly while on their journey, but she questioned how much of his bulky fur kept him from the same damage as she sustained. All the cuts, bumps, bruises and scrapes. Nothing debilitating for certain but the mud and constant stretching of her skin kept them fresh, particularly the cuts. Etephyr wanted to be done for a while, thankful to finally be somewhere that wasn't pelting her with rain.
Looking tired from her tree, Etephyr hauled herself to her haunches. "I'm going to be forthright with you," She warned, blankly staring at him with half lidded eyes. "I am unequivocally.. fucking tired." She had her reservations about cursing in front of a man whom she held even a modicum of respect for but it was the most direct way to get her point across. She didn't want to leave room for interpretation, they were going to stay.
No one ever told me I made sense, so I stopped trying to.
Thread limit (1/2)
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
Omnium had lead the way for a majority of the venture, carefully leading Etephyr through the mountains with a keen sense of direction despite the thunder and lightning that threatened their safety. The brute was a seasoned traveler who had passed the mountains by already once this year, so the journey was not as difficult for himself as it was for his companion. Omnium would wince more than once as he saw her collect her vast list of wounds, but he remained unscathed other than the occasional cut to his paw from sharp rocks in their terrain. Patches of his long, shedding fur were left in their wake. A trail for another to follow, if they wished, but it was a protective layer that kept his skin from being scratched. The only part that taxed him was the mud that seemed to mat into his fur at an annoying rate. His lighter colored underbelly was now a dark brown from its presence.

The large male followed Etephyr dutifully as she trudged the last of the mountain into the shelter of the forest only for her to collapse. A small smile was suppressed at her crumpled figure as he drifted to a nearby patch of grass to rest his own legs. Omnium did not feel sore yet, but the tightness to his muscles told him that it was a likely future. He laid down on the damp grass, taking the opportunity to pick the remaining gravel from his front paws and nursing the small cuts that littered them. The mud refused to fling from his tongue as he tried to spit it out, so he settled for licking the damp grass to rid himself of the taste. When his mouth was cleared, he spoke, This seems like a good spot anyway.

Omnium closed his eyes and flopped to his side with his legs pointed to the side, rubbing his face in the soft grass. A much needed relaxation after a day of hard travel. One yellow eye cracked open to observe his lady friend. You travel well, Etephyr. Is there anything you might need? A gentle offer after seeing just how tired she truly was.
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Sorry for the delay (and this reply) had some veeeery important tests these past few days, muh brain ded.

She watched him pick the filth from betwixt his paws, it reminded Etephyr of her own and so she mimicked him. Laying beside her tree, rooting through her own sore paw pads, the hair thin from all the travels she's done. Even before Omniums appearance. He was well seasoned in travel, much more than she. A little jealousy slipped through at his proven prowess but she knew if she paid attention, there may come a day where she would come out from mountains unscathed.
Rolling her eyes at Omniums compliment, Etephyr thought of what she wanted most. She decided rather quickly but didn't quite verbalize it. Only humming with recognition of what she wanted. "Wait here." Is all she said. Hauling herself up quickly, Eteph trot to the edges of the willows, close enough to still see her but far enough her details were indistinguishable. Comfrey was the first of what she picked, small patches of it peppered the outer edges of the forest, the plants strongly preferring sunlight. Then poppy that hugged the mountain but only a modest amount, it wouldn't take much.
Etephyr returned, sporting purple flowers and green bulbs in her maw. She had learned of poultices the year past, by a woman whos name she couldn't recall, but since then Etephyr had only grown more fluent in herbalism. She wasn't an expert but she knew enough to stave off infections. For a fleeting moment, Ete thought about how poorly she treated her medic but it was quickly washed away by her sins of today. Omnium, she looked to him, placing the herbs down. "A poultice for sore paws or aching wounds, which I only seem to have because you're such a master traveller." Etephyrs head bobbed side to side with the lowly emphasized words, rolling her eyes. She was only teasing, evident by the poorly hidden half grin pulling at her face. Plucking comfrey from the pile of herbs, Etephyr began to chew with her molars, unearthing the bitter taste with each chew. "You are welcome to take some." She invited, temporarily storing the mash in her check. "You do know how to make a poultice, yes?" Eteph laid back down, placing the herbs just ahead of her paws.  
Thread limit (1/2)
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
All good! Hope it went well!
Omnium picked up his large head and watch the dull colored wolf drift away from him. Inquisitive eyes did not drift from Etephyr for long as she rummaged around their little haven. The brutes eyes gave very little away, but his mind was a swirling ocean as he watched her go. The tides had come and gone in his mind since meeting her on that fateful shore, and Omnium found his mind wondering back to that same place. A mischievous idea came to mind when she neared again.

A sly curve of his maw slowly appeared in response to her attitude, and the large wolf moved to his haunches. He centered himself over his paws as he moved to her with an intense gaze. Predatory steps carrying him to her side in response to her words. He finally came to settle directly behind her with his head slung over her back to peer over her work, long fur entwining with her own. Omnium gave little heed to her muddied exterior as it mirrored his own, but he was careful to avoid the cuts. Examining the various herbs she had collected with curiosity. An ulterior plan was underway, but he would play along until it had a higher likelihood of surprise.

I've never heard of such a thing, Etephyr. Perhaps you could teach me. An invitation to learn as he got to work preening the mud that had somehow come to center on her back. A gentle touch he hoped would be well received.
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
<3

She noticed him. His carnivorous gaze, strikingly familiar, it threatened to shoot shivers down her spine. Etephyr dared not peer away from her herbs, but she covertly snuck peeks from her peripherals. She so eagerly waited for his response, her breathing quickening as a drew closer. The man rested his head over her back, making it the final straw to tip the scale. The woman couldn't contain the excitement slinking down her spine. The herculean was quick to distract with gentle preening after requesting Etephyr teach him poultices.

Quiet thumps of Etephs tail gave way to her approval. She drank off every moment of attention he gave her. "Well, you uhm-" She couldn't quite clear her head, acutely aware of every touch. "You chew the mash." Archaic as explanations go, but it was a start. "Chewing until it becomes a paste, one that can be applied to the wound." That was all there was to it on a basic level, but Etephyr held a sneaking suspicion he wasn't after the healing properties of a poultice. 

The woman removed the mash from her cheek, placing it down and covering with another leaf. She shifted her torso, as well as her head to better look at Omnium. Her brows half raised. "Are you trying to tell me I need a bath?" Referencing his cleaning.
Thread limit (1/2)
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
Omnium was acutely aware of her breath hitching as he cleared away the debris in her fur, leaving a slightly damp trail in his wake. The proximity of his chest pressed to her side gave it away almost entirely, and it took all the self control the brute had not to let a cheshire grin overtake his face. He only hoped the poor she wolf would remain mislead by his intimate touches. Omnium relished in giving them as much as she seemed to enjoy receiving them by the thump of her tail ever so near to him. Nervousness had long since left him after their time spent together. 

His pale ears were still attentive to her speech, ever the good listener. He continued to peer at her while continuing his escapade from the middle of her back closer to her scruff. At least she hadn’t gotten any on top of her head. Had she, Omnium would have preened that too, but he still would have quered her on how exactly it could end up there. When she turned to him, he feigned a clueless look. I would never dare to tell a lady such a thing. So… this poultice that you’ve made… what exactly makes it?

Once again, his head crooned over Etephyr’s back to examine the leaf she had made the poultice with and then the other plants lying on the ground. He knew little of the identification of plants, much less herbs, and he had only ever thought to study prey animals. Perhaps a lesson in botany would do him some good, but his attention was centered on her with intensity.

The nearness was comforting in a way he had not perceived, and he almost felt prematurely guilty about the antics he had planned. It would be a shame to ruin her warmth, but the sound of thunder filled their little oasis. A telltale sign that his plan would be easily achievable as the next storm descended. Perhaps I could assist you in applying it to your wounds? A concern did cloud his tone, but there was more to it than that. He returned to his work, gently pulling a sticky leaf from her her with his teeth and a faux innocent expression. The brute only hoped it would go unnoticed that his intentions lied elsewhere. 
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
I promise you, I'm not trying to make this a habit. I am sooo sorry. This week has been crap. To keep a long story short. I lost a pet. The surgery I got had some complications and these pain meds are extra strong because of it. Im just now getting to a place where I can lighten up on the pain meds enough to put words into a sentence lol as the days go on, I will get better! Again so sorry! I look forward to getting back to writing.

She returned to her herbs after seeing the feigned look across the mans face, her own satisfied grin responding cheekily. Eyeing the poppy at her feet, Etephyrs ears turned to better hear Omniums words. They flickered, cupping forwards as she thought how to go about teaching the man about herbs. However, his near constant affection made it damn hard to focus. She truly wanted to hone in on him, but something else was afoot. He was hovering more than usual, or so Ete thought. She couldn't quite place what it was, but it wasn't as if she was trying too hard either. Scared to ruin anything good.

Etephyr picked out comfrey from her small pile, her tongue placing it between her teeth. "This is comfrey." She wiggled it in her mouth, turning to show her bather. "The bulbs you see are poppy. Yes, that kind of poppy." She assumed everyone knew of poppys euphoric potential. Something Etephyr learned one experimental night. "You chew the comfrey or, optionally the comfrey and poppy into a mash. Applying it to any wound." Poultices were simply the tip of a complicated iceberg. There was an overwhelming amount of knowledge in the medical field, but poultices were enough to keep her going on lonesome nights. 

Omnium offered to apply the paste to her wounds, with the thunder descending on them. Etephyr would gladly accept with a healthy nod and whatever came of his advances. Perhaps it would pass enough time. She nudged the herbs towards him, enough there to cover most of her wounds. 

Etephyr moved her body once again, wanting to study the man features with gentle curiosity. She couldn't quite place the words that encompassed him, but she knew what he made her feel. Her golden orbs flickered between his eyes, ears and nose, and obvious appreciation to her gaze. "Thank you." She almost whispered, a deeper meaning behind her gratitude. A meaning she wasn't quite sure where to place. So much had developed between them, not just physically but trust was blossoming beautifully. Etephyr hoped it would not be misplaced. Never able to forgive herself if it turns against her.
Thread limit (1/2)
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
The brute listened to her diligently as she spoke of the herbs. The bathing had paused long enough for him to look through the herbs as she explained the process, but his eyes did linger on the poppy for a moment longer. My sister once told me about poppy. Are you sure we won't go to another world if I make this into a mash? One brow raised in skepticism as he eyed the bulbs that rested near them with uncertainty before his attention once again returned to her. He could better see the angles of her face when she turned to look at him in return, and Omnium could have lay there for hours in a bid to memorize the now familiar face devoid of color. The face was one he had observed every day after their meeting, but it still captivated him nonetheless.

Etephyr's appreciation was met with a pull in his own chest. An emotion that was foreign, and it had grown exponentially in their travels together. Omnium had little concept of what that deep set feeling in his chest meant, but he was not blind to the amount of appreciation that he had for the smaller female beside him. No, Ete. Thank you. A usual smoky and low tone bled into a world of words left unsaid behind the ones that were spoken. A brute he was, but he found himself wanting to be more in the presence of her. He nudged her cheek with his nose as a last affectionate touch before his departure.

He left her side then. All four paws were under him in a moment, and he put his weight into his back legs to pull his front legs into the air. Glinting teeth latched onto the target easily: A willow branch that had slowly gotten wetter as the storm began to slow. It was entangled with many more near it, all of them bending with the new pressure. Omnium used his weight to slowly pull it down to where it was even with the ground to create the tension that he needed for his antics. He looked to the resting Etephyr as a cheeky smile appeared around the branch. Then, he released it.

The shock to the branches created a mock rain in their surroundings before the new found opening allowed the cold rain storm to pelt into their little oasis. Omnium stifled his laughter as most of it landed on the she wolf, washing away the majority of the mud that clung to her pelt. A lot of it landed on his own pelt to result in the same effect, but it had been to tempting to pass up. I hope you're not cold. I also know that one must first bathe before dressing wounds. Mud leads to festering, and we can not have that. An innocent waltz was made to her cache of poultice products before picking them up and chewing them just the same as he had been shown.
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
We should probably set up another thread as its been a uber duber hot minute and I don't want to fall behind even more on a timeline for these two. Sound good?

The woman shook her head, plucking one bulb from the pile and lacerating it with her claw. The bulb oozed from its wound, like blood from a cut, a milky white substance beaded along the line. "Moderation is paramount." She informed. It was like that in many aspects of life, too much of a good thing is often detrimental.
After Omnium returned with his own thanks, he moved from his position. Etephyr wanted to protest at the loss, but she only emitted soft grumbles from her chest. Watching curiously, the large man latched his teeth onto a willows branch. The woman couldn't figure out what he was after, she threw up some halfway decent guesses but nothing could have prepared her for his telling smile. As her impending bath loomed over her, Etephyr brows shot up from their suspicious glare. Gulping down a breath, she clambered to her feet but by then it was too late. He had let go of the burdened branch. Her fur was soaked in an instant, the accumulated water from the trees dressing her like a drowned rat.
Eteph stood frozen, her head turning with the weight of a stone to glower at Omnium. She kept her face strict but as Omniums waltz came to pass, a smile began to break her stony complexion. The ends of her lips wriggled. She could no longer withhold herself, releasing a hardy laugh from her belly. Etephyr couldn't be mad, he was too charming, too clever, to harbor any real anger towards him. She had to admit, he had her smitten.
With her laughter dying, she finally spoke. "Fitting." She agreed with a nod of her head. "Yet, of course you would never tell a lady she must bathe, but springing one on her? Must be a different set of morals you keep." The woman shook her body, a cascade of water droplets fleeing from her fur. It did little to free Etephyr of her drowned rat look but helped start the drying process. Eteph leered at Omnium, "Don't think revenge is far from my mind. It will come and it will be righteous." She snickered teasingly.   
Thread limit (1/2)
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
Perfectly fine with me! I will begin to fade out here! You can reply, or just shoot me a PM to start a new thread. ^^ I think Frostfire Ridge would be where he ends up.

The vain attempt to cover up his crimes was abandoned. A stifled chuckle escaped from his maw as the effort to chew the poultice was continued. There was a glimmer present in his eyes as he watched Etephyr's laugh with fondness, and the brute nodded to the she wolf as she threatened him. There was not an ounce of fear in his soul from her empty promises. The mash was placed onto the awaiting leaf before he turned to address her. I am sure that I will rue the day that I dared to assist a maiden in her bath. If sarcasm were palpable, the amount of it dripping from the words would be akin to the moisture that flung from her shake. He winced as the water droplets hit his own coat. 

Come, come. Perhaps I can assist in the drying too? The large male wiggled his eyebrows at the smaller female before he drifted to her once again, ushering her to a spot that was dry. He retrieved the poultice from it's predicament and neared her side in a bid to assist in the application process. Although the man was not skilled, Omnium did his very best to ensure the wounds were clean, and the mash was applied ever so gently atop them to promote the healing. A feather light touch to ensure that he would not cause Etephyr anymore pain than she was already in.

Guilt rose into his heart before his mission was complete. The sheer number of scrapes and bruises surging the emotion forth. It tore down the hardened exterior that always shrouded his intricately selected words and actions. The fondness he held for Etephyr remained unmatched, and the mere thought of causing the plain colored female harm was enough to send him into a spiral. There was a gentleness that remained behind. One that he held for no other soul.

In the midst of their journey, the affections that he experienced for her had blurred the lines of his purpose. The very wolf that was forged in the harshest conditions now found himself questioning aspects of himself that had never been brought to mind. The end of their trip loomed ever closer as the horizon of the bordering mountains was now visible in the distance, and Omnium's steadfast confidence was wavering. He feared the outcome of the conversation to come when they reached the home he had so wished for.

The man found himself pondering the idea of leaving the only goal he had ever set for himself to follow Etephyr if she were to choose to return after experiencing the isolation he so craved... Or was it something else that he craved?
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
I will leave the next thread up to your design! Feel free to archive once read

He humored her mild threats. Sarcasm running off his tongue like the Great Flood. Etephyr rolled her eyes in a melodramatic fashion, humming with subtle laughter. "Good." She said content, a toothy grin peeling back her lips.

Omnium beckoned Etephyr closer to assist in drying, applying a humorous, yet tantalizing, wriggle of his brows. She silently accepted, planting herself in the spot the larger man designated with a soft thud. Eager for his touch, she caught his side with her muzzle as he passed, running it through his thick, wetted fur. He was a man like no other, an ivory stag, his rarity unmatched but their time together was ill-fated. Doomed to come to an end. Omniums intentions of solitude was translucent, although Etephyr damned herself by entertaining the idea his desires were muddled. 
He had changed her. That much was owed. Even if she reverted back to her self imposed isolation, his imprint would never leave her. Etephyr wasn't confident why he, of all the wolves she happened to encounter, was the one to enchant her. She was already missing him. How could she let it happen? All she could do was relish their time while she still had it.
Thread limit (1/2)