Swiftcurrent Creek hemlock
3 Posts
Ooc — Darius
Joining 

The herd eventually splintered apart when they noticed the ambling wolf on their trail, taking off in every direction once they'd reached a small lake. Darius was distracted by the sight of it and only took notice of the sound of movement too late, when one of the hinds tripped over a thin log, and had to right itself. He was tense and ready to spring after her — but with a defeated huff, let her go.

Now he'd navigated around that same lake, seeking any sign of a meal. There was ample evidence of squirrels, rats, and voles; these were quick and would know the best places to hide as soon as they caught a whiff of wolf, so Darius figured he'd give up on that before he started. For about an hour he entertained the idea of fishing, but the sun was already tipping low, and visibility would only get worse from there on out.

It was best to find some place to sleep then, and try again in the morning. He was frustrated to no small degree by the passage of time, his distractible mind, and poor luck. Poorer still, the fact he'd unwittingly crossed one of those invisible boundaries in to claimed land as he'd mused.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric was upon the intruder in a moment. All bristing fur, cold eyes and a snarl. He didn't attack yet, but he was pretty close to it.

Back up or I'll rip your hide from your body. 

He motion3d towards the border line. Clear by the line of paws and the overwhelming smell of urine. How this wolf missed it, Arric didn't know, but he wasn't pleased.
3 Posts
Ooc — Darius
A shadow form swept from the trees, bristling and soot-stained, except when that angry face glared his way and Darius could see the pale ring of one eye. He stopped short and pulled back a step as if someone had hold of reins and had forced him to heel.

What? He blurted; but the stranger had an explanation and within seconds Darius saw his fault plainly. Oh, he looked around as if the urine was visible. By now he could indeed take stock of it. 

I was distracted. I apologize.

His tail wavered low, and he looked for a route of egress that would least offend the fellow. He didn't go far, though, and paused to carefully look over one grizzled shoulder

You wouldn't by chance... need another set o'teeth in these parts?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
It seemed it was an honest mistake, but how the large male wasn't certain, but he'd let it slide this time. Maybe depending on the attitude from the boy. But he seemed kind enough and polite even, despite that he had stepped across a bordered pack.

Arric allowed his fur to lessen it's bristle, but he kept a wary eye on the stranger. What can you offer the pack lands, besides teeth?

He tilted his head. I'm Arric Beta of the creek.

Then he waited.