Lion Head Mesa twenty-ninth
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
Private 
senmut left zharille under the eye of bayek and sought the Divine Consort of the Gods.

"great one," he said, bowing low when he had been admitted before @Toula. "the former leader of the lake to where khaba fled has come to us. she bore children for the pack but is no longer one of them. she says he has taken what is her own, and asks our help to regain it."

the prince spoke carefully, for he knew his young ruler did not wish to move to war.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
the Queen had been overseeing decorations created for her own grand coronation. it was a delight to see creative minds at work—but she also thought of Nazli! 
since the death of Hyacinth, Toula was always with both mazoi and fellahin. Toula adored the company of Tuna, speaking quietly with her and commending her for her own work.
some of these installations ought to be permanent! perhaps she would make it so.
but these were not all of her duties. she reviewed their stores to be sure their trade continued, and that they were full. perhaps she might appoint someone to this too, to report to her—but it was also a pleasure to see their wealth. how fortunate that her father had wisely established these things—now, what could she do? 
greatness was something now she dreamt of, if only to please those that came before her. this was on her mind as she received Senmut, but his words drove her from her whimsy. 
Khaba. that name again. it had been long since she had seen him, but it seemed she need not wonder about him. Toula stood a little taller, asking: where are the children?
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
somehow the brutality had not changed the young queen. she remained as soft and kind as before, though senmut was well aware she had her own mind. toula's devotion to peace was sacred..

but at times peace must be shattered for a greater good. 

"she showed me her body, great one; i saw its maternal changes and yet these pups did not accompany her to akashingo."

his brightleaf eyes were solemn. "zharille said khaba took the lake and the cubs. she wants them returned."
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
she had prayed to the Gods—prayed and prayed and prayed. and perhaps this was Their answer. for her to become more than merely just what she dreamt of. 
she saw Tawaret in this, and Iset. and she would become the latter. we must protect them, Toula decided at once. how terrible, for a mother to be separated from her children—she thought longingly of her own lost mother, @Treva, and would have that for no other if she could help it! 
Toula asked him then, knowing him better versed in perhaps these ways than she: have we the resources? for this? to do all that we must?
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut nodded. "i have already sent a spy to the lake, before this, great one," he revealed. "we also have the nearness of brecheliant. and the man germanicus is in debt to pharaoh."

there were many tools available to them, though senmut sensed his queen wished to avoid bloodshed where possible.

"with your permission, i will now gather them. stay with your servants and the medjay bayek. i will march on the lake myself, divine consort."
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
Toula watched Senmut, eyes bright and filled with warmth. he was so wise—all that he did, for Akashingo! 
all must know of this mans deeds. that now he would seek to keep a mother from her children… there was no softness in her then, only anger that perhaps had been buried beneath the weight of one loss, and then another. grief had been heavy—now she tore herself out of it.
if her mother could see her then, perhaps she might be proud. 
before anything else, I must meet the woman of the Lake. only then would her full blessing be delivered—she must be certain that these resources were worth expending, though in her heart… she felt it was. still, she wanted a measure of the woman. wanted to be sure that she was not sent from the Lake as a means to destroy one of the last things she knew that she loved, other than the Gods and Akashingo itself.
she was no fighter—his request was fair. she would stay, of course, and pray; what else could she do? 
she did not think then of what Pharaoh surely would have. Pharaoh had been intended to be the teeth, while she remained the heart. this beating thing, though, hardened some to endure this trial without her. 
but surely she would want this march against Khaba? and she could not allow her absence, without knowing it’s reason, to have such a result. Toula breathed, considering things.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
toula, devoted. careful. senmut let out his breath with some relief to see that she had not been suddenly consumed by wrath.

she was still the child of her father after all.

"it shall be done, great one." and now his eyes, not daring for her divine face, seemed to rest all the same upon the young queen with a great sense of devoted affection.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
she nodded, pleased by this, and smiled softly. we must pray on this, and not act in haste. perhaps the Gods might bring us a better plan, for despite her anger, she did not know if it would be wise to act upon this singular emotion.
but she could hear Iset, and Tawaret. she knew what was important to Them. I will protect these children!
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut bowed for dismissal then.

"i will go to pray for them now, great one."

perhaps in the wisdom of the gods, new life might come to akashingo once more.