Ocean's Breath Plateau slippin' off your shoulders
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
tags for reference! <3

as he promises to @Lestan, after leaving them a few plump rabbits, he cuts a path through the sentinels towards the plateau.

as the closest of the moon packs, rhaegal can only hope that they have a healer they might spare.

his pace slows when the regrowing forest of the sentinels gives way to grassy knolls, the salty seabreeze stronger here. as was the border scent of moontide.

though he knows of the open border policy, he is not sure it applies to him and even if it did, rhaegal exhibits a hesitation at crossing it all the same. so, when his pace slows to a stop near the borders in the no mans land between, his head tipping back to let out a howl.

Moontide
Beta*
718 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Moontide had seemed busier as of late, it made Heph glad to see more new faces especially as she missed Samani's presence. Though it had meant she had restricted her wandering to closer to he borders she had become more and more familiar with the hunting trails of the areas and she felt that was important as well. Deer passed through and she was slowly learning the patience for fishing even if she was not quite as skilled at is as overland prey.

She was perusing the borders, mostly well marked, and even weaving in and out of them further afield when she heard the howl. Changing her direction she thought the voice sounded familiar, though she was not sure she had heard it specifically. Letting her limbs loosen into a jog she kept her pace comfortable but did not wish to keep the caller waiting for too long.

When she neared she more easily detected the owner of the howl. "Rhaegal! It's good to see such a handsome face again, I met Vaire a little while back and it seems we'll be neighbors." She greeted at a distance but closed it quickly enough so she was speaking normally as she approached. She was curious as to what brought him to their borders but did not wish to rush in case it was a visit that had also been mentioned in the past.
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
aye, rhaegal murmurs in a rumble of agreement, wishing he was not filled with such an urgency because it felt rude.

i wish i had time tae catch up but we be in need of a healer, if moontide has one tae spare fer a few days.

rhaegal wasn't sure how urgent it was but he worries for lestan's wife.

Moontide
Beta*
718 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph frowned, her voice tighter. "I'm sorry, we have no healers." It was worrisome for them as well but for Rhaegal and Vaire's pack more pressing. Her mind raced, trying to think if there was anything that she could do or help. Thinking out loud her she spoke quickly. "If it would quicken your journey I could run the distance to Moonglow to ask if they had someone to send your way if you need to return? Or Hljodrfell just to the east of you at Gryfalcon's Keep have at least one a wolf named Atka, they share a border with you and have indicated they might be interested in a relationship with Moonglow and Moontide. We have furs and meat cached to trade if that would help." While Solveig had not indicated one way or the other definitively Atka and her had been friends prior to either pack's founding. She was hesitant to ask that favor of her friend, but if it would help then the white she-wolf had patched up Dreven from his scrapes.

Sorry this took so long! Also it'll probably be awhile until again but I'll be reachable by DM on discord if you want to coordinate the rest of the thread or anything :D Absence thingy
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
no worries about the wait! <3

her answer brings with it a soft flutter of disappointment within the sveijarn's chest that he cannot quite stifle. it blossoms like a sad, half wilted bloom within his chest all the same.

but, he had considered this a possibility when seeking them out.

still, they had been the closest and thus his first option.

nae, he refuses her offer gently, with a soft shake of his head. i cannae expect that of ye. `sides, i ken what is goin' on with the lass. and again, rhaegal feels the pressure of urgency in his paws.

i dinnae trust wolves i daenae ken. he says this a bit more firmly than he means, attempting to soften the rough as jagged seacliff rock with, i thank ye fer the offer all the same.

a dip of head is given.

and the rake of his claws in the dirt mingled with sand underfoot that tells him he should not linger here long.
i must be goin' then. i dinnae want the lasses dyin' on my watch.

Moontide
Beta*
718 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph nodded her head. "Safe travels and good luck." It sounded dire, and though she wished they had something to offer there was nothing to be done for it. She was a trusting wolf, although it was easier for her to say that knowing Atka, but she could not fault his logic so she only stepped so he could hurry on his way. She contemplated briefly what they might do if Moontide found one of their own injured beyond their own knowledge, perhaps something that Rodyn had already considered and wished them well in her head before turning on her own way.