take it back
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
For @Onyx.

Levi had begun leaving Ragnar's den, though he didn't travel very far nor did he stay out for very long. After going to the beach with Charon, he was beginning to feel a little better. He still missed his mom and dad, his sister, and especially his twin brother Kevlyn, but at least now he was eating a little more and actually going out and doing things, rather than sitting on his ass all day, moping.

Today he was exploring the area right outside the den area, sniffing the ground and leaves, trying to gauge what types of animals had been here before. There was Ragnar's smell, and Thistle's of course, but there were other smells that Levi wasn't used to. He was snuffling around the undergrowth, his small grey frame getting lost in the bushes, almost out of sight.
crash down like an avalanche
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Onyx was wandering along the beach as usual, with no particular motivation. Just to do something. It was better than lying underground all day like she used to long ago. She didn't expect to see anyone, but then she saw a little grey thing under a few leaves. "Hi little thing?" She said, and poked it gently with her paw. "Hellooo? I am On-yx." She broke her name slowly into it's two syllables, as if she was sounding it out for the first time. But perhaps this wasn't for the benefit of the pup, but her own slow childlike mind.
even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi's nosing around was soon interrupted by a big wolf, a dark one. He turned two large eyes up toward the dark she-wolf and listened as she spoke. Her name was Onyx, though she said it more like On-yx than Onyx. Levi blinked at her paw, then snapped his little jaws at it. How dare she touch him? Nobody was allowed to do that except Miss Thistle and Mister Ragnar!

Levi's eyes narrowed as he watched Onyx carefully, wondering what on earth she was trying to do. The grey pup moved out of the bushes and into the clearing, watching her as he picked his way carefully over sticks and rocks, his eyes trained on her the whole time. Who did she think she was, trying to touch him?!
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
"Ow!" Onyx yelped as he snapped at her paw. Her ears flattened against her head and her tail almost tucked between her legs. "I'm sorry! I didn't know I shouldn't do that!" She said frantically. What if he was important? She'd be in big trouble! She didn't look into the pup's eyes, but she could feel it's eyes on her. "Mama said it's not nice to stare." She murmured to him.

Text Speech

even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi's ears turned forward as she spoke, but he didn't move otherwise. He also didn't speak; it wasn't something he did normally and that wasn't about to change for a complete stranger. Levi's lack of speech didn't mean he was dumb, however, and he understood her words just fine. His blue eyes blinked and turned away from her just briefly, to give her a respite from his staring, but he didn't turn from her completely. That would be really stupid, to turn your back on a stranger.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx was relieved as his blue eyes turned away from her for a moment. So how are you doing, young Sir? Enjoying your day? For she had learned not to call him little thing, but he had not introduced himself like the kind little boy Charon had. She was also doing her best not to be nosy or anything, though there was little she could be nosy about with a pup's information. Although she could've asked him about his missing parents and brother, but she knew that would be very rude. She was an orphan too, she had been since she was four months, and she wouldn't want somebody asking her a bunch of questions about her dead parents. It was an extremely fragile subject for her, the slightest thing about it could throw her into a fit of tears.

even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi's gaze returned to her as she spoke again, asking him how he was doing. In response to her question, "Enjoying your day?", Levi turned his head back to her, paused as if considering her question, and nodded. He was enjoying it so far, though being interrupted by a nosy wolf wasn't the best part of it. At least she had stopped trying to touch him after that first time. Then, with a look at her, he titled his head and whined softly, as if to ask, How about you?
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

The little grey pup nodded after a moment of thought. She was glad he was willing to answer her question, and hadn't held a grudge for her touching him. Or if he did, she didn't know. She seemed to understand his whine and head-tilt somewhat. At least she got he was asking something, because of the head tilt, but what the question was was assumed by her to be the same since he didn't use words to ask anything new. I'm good. It's nice meeting you. She said with a little smile, trying to please the little boy. By the end of their time together today she wanted it to be a bit happier between them than before.

even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Levi nodded again, letting his lips part just slightly in a smile. It was better now that this woman wasn't trying to touch him, and he could even forget that she was a stranger for a moment. Maybe they would become friends one day. Levi nodded, trying to indicate that it was nice meeting her, too. He had enough manners to return that sentiment, even if he didn't entirely understand it. He wasn't rude, though he was pretty shy.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
finish up soon?

The little boy smiled a bit and nodded. Onyx was not a master in body language or just shy talking. It took her about ten seconds thinking of what he might of meant, since she hadn't asked a question. After those moments she got it, he was agreeing, but about her. What's your name? She asked the grey child, with a curious tilt of her head and questioning blue eyes.

even if we survive
82 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Sure! Next post from you can fade it if you want.

Levi didn't know how to answer that question without words, so he simply barked and let it remain at that. She could wait for Charon to come back or she could ask Thistle, his mom, if she really wanted to know his name. It was Levi, of course, but she didn't know that, and he didn't know how to communicate that right now. In a few weeks he would finally speak; even if he didn't use his voice much, he knew how it worked. As for why he didn't speak, he wasn't sure, but at least he understood what everyone was asking.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx didn't see how bark was a name, and figured he didn't know it or didn't know to pronounce it. Unsure of how to continue her "conversation" with him, she brought it to a close. Well, I guess I'll be off. G'bye, Young Sir. She said, blinking kindly at him before turning towards another direction in the Bay. She began to walk, long legs tripping over each other as she headed back to her own den.