let dust be dust and the good lord near
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@crescendo - set outside of BFW, where caiaphas met meldresi & kove

Caiaphas grunted, pulling her limbs out from under her. The exit of the tunnel was just ahead -- but the cold had expanded the ground and made traveling most toiling. She didn't remember the tunnel being so small last time -- bubbling just over the brim of the tunnel's exit was collapsed soil and green moss. Since her last visit, the tunnel had collapsed even further.

Shoveling dirt aside with wildly scrabbling limbs, the narrow coywolf pulled herself from the earth dirty and damp like a slimy newborn. She looked to her side carefully, scanning the premises suspiciously. The last few times she had emerged from the lengthy network of cave and tunnel, she had been intercepted.

Furtively, perhaps instinctively, she stole a glance towards Blackfeather Woods before turning aside and heading in the opposite direction -- towards a heavy bog that stretched black and deep to the west.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
<b>WARNING</b>
This Whole Character is <b>MATURE</b>
Back away...farther...farther...
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo was horrified to see an ugly, vaguely wolf-like figure pull herself out of the ground. She shot a futile glance back at him, before turning and heading off. It looked like someone had placed the head of one on the body of another, and Crescendo was appalled. Though, overall he was curious. So he loped after the figure, and upon nearing it noticed it-she was a coywolf. And an ugly one too.

"Hey!" Crescendo called after her. "Why the fuck did you just crawl out of the ground? Are you a fucking maggot?" Straight to the point. Crescendo never saw much use in small talk. It was pointless.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Rimed with filth, Caiaphas headed towards the thicket where the marsh bubbled. She had every intention of swiftly disposing of the filth that had accumulated upon her pearly coat -- and as she bid towards the water she interrupted by the outburst of a black wolf behind her.

Caiaphas' head turned to the side and she regarded him coyly, a bemused sneer blemishing her smooth countenance. This one was outright unpleasant it seemed -- a characteristic that did not in the least daunt the waif. She had her own qualities, all equally as unpleasant, and the male's profanity only made her draw the conclusion he was a pitiful boy.

"Yes I am." The willowy female supplied airily, a supple lie in which she had no interest in redacting. With an elegant flick of her long tail the coywolf lept from one peat-stack to the next, cautiously avoiding the deceptively deep water the swamp harbored.
<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo bound after her, keeping at her heels. "That would explain the face," he commented dryly. "And the hideously mutated body. I pity you." he remarked in the same dry manner. He kept pace with her, cold eyes tracking her movements. He was bored, and had nothing fun to do today. So his plan was to follow and irritate this ugly loner.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
It seemed the Fates had amused themselves of late, testing the length of Caiaphas' enduring patience. She expected her glib reply to quickly spurn the male, yet it seemed he was persistent. Just like a plague. Caiaphas smiled to herself, bemused by this dark specimen.

She could tell even from this distance he was a member of Meldresi' harem -- he reeked of the black forest's musk. She ignored his hopeful jabs, sliding expertly into the water where the marsh parted into open swamp. If he wished to follow her, he would sadly have to engage in swimming himself.

<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo threw himself into the water, sending it splashing in every direction. With strong strokes he approached the woman, silver eyes slightly annoyed. "Tell me why your here, maggot!" he growled after her, trying his hardest to catch up. Soon he was alongside her, silver eyes boring into hers. "Well?" He was still astonished that she had crawled out of the ground. That simply wasn't natural. It was not wolf-like.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas slipped into the murky waters with the sinuous reflex of an eel. The dark water parted and small java-moss clusters were disturbed by gentle ripples. Her passage through was done with ease -- the bland and currentless waters were nothing compared to the roaring and impetuous current of the sea.

It appeared that Crescendo was not to be deterred by the water and was soon abreast of her. She turned her head marginally towards him (as much as one could while paddling to stay afloat) with a gaze that suggested disinterest. "If you're going to engage in conversation," She instructed between splashing paddles of her limbs -- "it is wise not to refer to your conversational partner as a maggot." She strode along the water seamlessly, enjoying the exercise the effort brought her.. Each powerful stroke of her limbs transported her further from Crescendo's pack -- Caiaphas caught herself hoping that the distance would eventually deter Crescendo's insistence. "I'm looking for a type of moss."
<b>WARNING</b>
338 Posts
Ooc —
Crescendo gave a small huff, but stayed with his 'partner' in conversation. "And why would you be searching for moss?" he said, his tone less angry and crude then it had been moments before. As he spoke, he begun to trail behind the obviously better swimmer, but kept working hard, sweat rolling off his body and mixing with the swampy water.