i am a destroyer
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Maybe @Caiaphas , wolves of the sound, or some of the BWP dogs want to come out and play? Not too far outside of DFG

The sun dipped towards the horizon and the biting winter air nipped at the northern scrim. Tuwawi gazed, like a hot coal perched upon a ridge, out onto the tundra where the trees had thinned to nearly nothing. The snow was scattered here, blown up by the winds to reveal dead grass bent beneath the weight of frost. It felt as though the cold season was infinite despite the longer days, perhaps goaded by the sentiment of destitution. Nevertheless, the scarlet woman was comforted by her child's, Maera's, presence — the only wolf she lived truly for.

Her pointed muzzle scented the wind, finding trace amounts of new scents along their borders. Had many wolves visited? Tuwawi's hair prickled, recognizing the aroma of the Plateau, knowing she would never leave the glacier's stronghold.
currently sports a radio collar around her neck. 
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas hung close to the fallen trees, where their sparse forms had been felled by ice and snow. Beneath the bow of a rotten conifer she hatefully watched the Glacier glimmer in the distance, her expression mulled with abhorrence. They had been surveying the Glacier for some time and had yet to be detected -- so far, Caiaphas felt the victor in her undeclared war.

From her vantage she saw a scarlet-clad wolf emerge from the Glacier's cusp, pausing in the wind likely to inspect the scents it bore with it. How convenient, for one of her enemies to be alone. Caiaphas rose and drifted towards her, her expression beguiling as she pulled closer. Despite nothing in the way of greeting, it was clear she was approaching Tuwawi -- and though she was quick to close the distance between them her intentions were inscrutable.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The saffron-crested mother did not often visit the borders, preferring the solitude of the glacier's heart. Her life had been too turbulent, too dramatic for the wilds to entice the Sveijarn otherwise. The outlands had nothing for her. They had taken Larus, Jokull, Valtyr, and now Njal. The glacier was home. The glacier had Maera. The glacier was safe.

Though she thought little of Scarlett, a bristle of envy made her mane spike when she imagined the blood-eyed wolf performing a warden's duty. What kind of encounters - what kind of information - had they shared? Already she had indulged in the wonder days of Maera's youth, stolen from her mother by man. Though another might have given thanks to the surrogate, Tuwawi held nothing but rotting contempt for the fine-figured woman; perhaps naively. Should she take back up the role of protector? Patrol the borders once again? The thought was tiring, and spurred her gaze to drift to the fields where a wolf moved swiftly towards her.

The dethroned's eyes steeled upon the domino vagrant, ruddy ears cupped forth, nose lifting to the wind. A sharp and bitter saline taste riddled the air - one Tuwawi knew from years ago. Siren.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
there's a chat going on come join!!

Caiaphas could not mistake the hardened glint that shielded the flamed woman's gaze -- a challenge, she thought merrily. Tuwawi's coldness was now a game to Caiaphas, one in which she was beset upon winning.

Clad with the most disarming smile possible, the weasel pulled forwards, eyes hopeful and mouth agape. "Good eve'ning, miss." She croned, triangular ears pressed forwards with interest. The wolf before her was most brutish in stature -- and she, scarcely more than a willow sapling, hardly could prompt fear in the Duskfire wolf's heart. "Pardon, I am a friend of Danica's.. is she here?" Once more she issued a beguiling smile -- and once more the wicked Siren tittered gleefully over her facade.
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
:o *hops on the chat*

Tuwawi's visage pinched as the narrow woman sidled towards her with an open expression and genial posture. She was thin and sharp like a burnt birch's arm, blackened at the end with a yellow stare. However, a kind greeting could not soften the red dam's scrutiny. Even the true-hearted Xi'Nuata had not been able to disarm Tuwawi's xenophobia, who had barred the Vale wolf to sojourn with Njal. She watching the sylph with a narrowed leer, just a hair's breadth from deciding to chase her away.

The nauseating aroma of salt and kelp stuck to the visitor like oil, her breed a marked enemy of Tuwawi. Not only had the witches been cohorts to the blasphemous Shearwater wolves, but the two had once devised to end Siku and drive Tartok from Arktayok peak - even roping Sterntooth into their web. The bear worshipers and sea sirens... witches were all the same to the Sveijarn, who held nothing but contempt for such animals.

When her company uttered Danica's name, a poignant feeling caused Tuwawi's stance to shift. Both Danica and Malachi had neglected to pass on the information that Larus had been scented near the Sound's border - the former departing from Duskfire too soon. Danica had been a dear friend and powerful ally... her absence was nothing but strife to the already burdened Tuwawi. "No," she spat, tone curt.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
The disdain that sharply clung to Tuwawi's visage was not enough to spurn Caiaphas -- her ambition was far from modest. She proffered only a wolfish smile, a giggle pressing forth from her bony throat. The clipped tone the burly woman uttered when she replied was rejoined by Caiaphas in the form of a gently beating tail.

"She's not?" The Duskfire wolves were an unfriendly lot -- this much she had collected by her various interactions with the wolves in their assemblage. A cheekiness consumed her -- she hoped Duskfire's lot was prettier than they were accommodating.. Her visage visibly fell, as if she were struck by Tuwawi's own teeth instead of her words. "I had news for her., perhaps I could trust you to pass it along?" The sly female looked upwards, a stoatish expression consuming her narrow muzzle. "She approached me about a puppy a few weeks ago."

Caiaphas braced herself in case the woman lunged -- and was fully prepared to quickly exit should the female prove violent.
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Despite Tuwawi's guarded stance the feeble sea-wolf continued to flirt with conversation, tone flighty and sweet like a meek songbird. She tittered coyly beneath the Duskfire's stare but pressed on to deliver news. Tuwawi was loathe to play pretend messenger, especially for a creature who's heritage she so completely disdained, but the mother was not fast enough to deny her company an audience. The ember openly grimaced as the female parted her beak... but never could she have anticipated the selkie's penchant for wordcraft.

As the visitor spoke Tuwawi's face went slack. In light of the subject, the ember became an amnesiac - forgetting that this wolf was promised to the sea and an ardent weaver of illusions. "A puppy? What do you mean?" her stern voice uttered, laced with concern, as she stepped forward. The epsilon pined for more details, reeled in like a fish caught on a hook.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Ever mindful of the wolf's potent striking rage, Caiaphas retracted from the red-cloaked wolf, her expression somewhat reserved as the wolf's demeanor shifted abruptly. This game was certainly challenging, but Caiaphas had no intention on losing her life to it. Canting her sleek black muzzle to the side, she reviewed the concern that had candidly laced the female's voice. It was not unlike the concern that had seized her when Larus had disappeared.

It certainly made her wonder, but she did not voice her curiosities aloud. "Malachi didn't tell you?" She queried, drafting up a troubled expression her own as if she too was genuinely concerned about the alpha's reticence on the matter. "He knows where Larus is, I am afraid. I only just learned of his identity, you see -- they hold him at the Bay." The coywolf prattled most expertly, gauging the female for any reaction. "I must return to my station there before my treason is found, but I could not let this injustice slide. Give Danica my regards, and good luck." With that the coywolf issued a warm smile, as if one of encouragement -- and stepping backwards, struck to leave the female and strike a path towards the Bay.

Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Tuwawi pressed into the two-tone's circle urgently -- the dethroned's collar suddenly wrung tight against her paper skin -- but it didn't take much persuading for the waif for spill what details she kept. The Sveijarn's jaw clenched as she stared at the witch's slanted face, astonished and heeding her words -- and lies -- against another's better judgement. "Malachi? Tell me what?" Tuwawi lipped as the stranger spun him into the conversation, her expression dark and perplexed. The siren insinuated he was keeping information from the ember, but never could Tuwawi reach at what.

Yet as the vagrant continued to speak the color drained from the ember's visage. It was as if the rug had been pulled out from the matriarch's feet -- grip lost on reality -- her insides petrified info stone in the wake of this news. Larus? Her child? Alive? Tuwawi's jaws visibly parted in disbelief as her breath struggled against man's collar. The Bay? Stavanger? Her mind reeled but she glared into the West where the ocean slumbered. Had the vikings taken her baby?

A barren lament wracked her then, grief fresh like a new wound. A dormant violence began to rise in that moment -- a scorned hate for those who had so fiendishly wronged her. Tuwawi had no more words for the messenger, but the snap of her jaws ushered the Bay's urchin away and she, in turn, moved from the borders, too.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas whirled about, pressing the ground swiftly with hurried limbs. Tuwawi's snapping gesture only ushered her to quicken her pace -- the leanboned wretch slid into a fluid gallop, her stride lengthened along the rocky ground.

Once she had confirmed no fiery matriarch doggedly pursued her, she slackened, easing into a lofty and exhilarated trot. Her encounter with the Duskfire's ember-clad woman had caused her most excitement -- almost too much excitement -- with a giggle the coywolf trotted off into the direction of Ravensblood, where the wretch would spend the night before patrolling the inland territory in the morning.