Otter Creek the art of the fox
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris

With his stomach burning for a meal, Jaws found himself staring at the frozen creek and wishing it were thawed, for he had a great fondness for fish; but fish would not be on the menu this afternoon. The coywolf turned his attention to the creek's banks instead, walking slowly - each paw placed deliberately - with his nose to surface of the snow. When he found what he was looking for - fresh scent - he came to a still and waited. Beneath the snow were a network of tunnels dug by shrews and mice, and Jaws had learned from the fox how to hunt them. His ears swivelled to almost imperceptible sounds as he worked to pinpoint a rodent. When he locked on, confident he knew just where to strike, Jaws pounced - thrusting his head and paws down into the snow and surfacing with a mouse clamped between his teeth. Not enough to satiate him, but certainly a start.
: )
45 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
Golden eyes watched as the black wolf gazed forlornly into the creeks waters. They tracked him as he made a sudden lunge into the snow, and returned with a mouse clamped in his jaws. His jaws. The brute's teeth were overgrown, protruding from his maw. She wasn't at all disgusted, for she had seen worst then this. Beside, the canines had a sort of...appeal...to them.

She slipped out into the open, yellow eyes scanning the male. His shape pointed to him being a coywolf, so did his strange way of hunting. Her golden pelt shone in the early morning sunlight, highlighting her beauty. But her looks were only a tool, to get what she wanted. Nothing more, nothing less. Eyes sparkled coyly as she said"That mouse doesn't look as if it'll make much of a meal. However, I tracked an injured doe to here, I just need someone to help me take it down. You in?"
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Sorry, I do not want this thread to die and trying to finish up my old threads before Jaws joined RHC, so I have requested a different participant. If you want to have another sometime feel free to PM me when you have more time. :)

The mouse's nightmare was only brief, as Jaws took no sport in prolonging his prey's horror and quickly crushed and swallowed it. He was about to move on to find another rodent to compliment the first when a lithe wolf, a blend of sun and snow in color, stepped out from cover and offered a substitution for the menu. At first Jaws only stared back, unblinking. "No thanks," Jaws responded. He had never hunted with another, although he was not about to admit it, and did not feel up to giving it a go now. Besides, his self-preserving instinct urged him to find the doe and take it for himself. So he continued on, leaving the she-wolf behind, debating whether to loop back and find the doe or not.
<span style="font-family: 'times'; color:#000; font-size:10px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #F381C1; text-transform: UPPERCASE;"> love can be liar <BR>justice can be a thief </span>
44 Posts
Ooc —
can we forward this at all? i dont think starling existed in the game when the thread started :o

starling hung back as the two ahead conversed -- her watchful eyes flitting from first the female to the male. the female (who instinctively starling was less concerned by) seemed friendly enough -- but it was the male that drew starling's attention.

he looked different, in a way that invited her curiosity. as a princess, it was her right to know why he looked different -- he reminded her in some way of the rogue band she had once encountered outside of wintersun. what had they called themselves? she couldn't recall.

she strode out from behind a scarred bough with the dramatic appeal of an actress, her fur glossy and sleek and her muzzle held with the authoritative title of a highborn. she delivered the male a cheeky look, her mint eyes unabashedly tracing his figure. "state your name, sir." the sovereign girl commanded, fully expecting his wordless compliance.
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
thanks for joining :) you can forward it as far as you want in your timeline. My character joined RHC on Feb 19 but this thread has no real significance in his timeline other than it occured before he joined the pack. If that makes sense haha.

Jaws did not get far before his solace was interrupted by another female, one who made no effort to conceal how her eyes roamed his frame. As was fairly customary for him, he returned the gesture and let his bi-colored gaze rake over her delicate feminine figure. Her cheeky grin was then met with a toothy one of his own, his pink tongue swiping across his canines. "Are you sure it's my name you want?" he inquired as he stepped toward her, an unmistakably roguish tone to his voice. This one was more his style than the last, although he could care less for her commanding him like she held something over him (she did not).
<span style="font-family: 'times'; color:#000; font-size:10px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #F381C1; text-transform: UPPERCASE;"> love can be liar <BR>justice can be a thief </span>
44 Posts
Ooc —
the snooty songbird made no bid to hide her curiosity, though her inquiry was met with a flirtatious mien she had not been expecting. she suspected she would be in a run for her money shortly then -- it was not often she was met par to par by another person's own brand of sauciness.

too often her companions had been browbeaten by her wit, enough that starling's repertoire had been left unpolished. she had no brilliant comeback, no cutting or piquant retort. she stuttered -- furious that her bank of clever ripostes was empty. had it been that long since she had engaged in intelligent banter?

"well, the name would help me decide." she blurted, so very dejected her cunning had failed her.
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
"Oh really?" Jaws replied back, lifting his head and taking a slow, deliberate stroll around her, leaving barely any distance between them as his hungry eyes devoured every last curve. She had not shied from his first step nor shot down his suggestion and he was emboldened by it, taking the inch she gave him and gambling with the mile.

The shewolf was far more interesting prospect for the coywolf, and the thought of the injured doe was long forgotten, his appetite for meat replaced with a lewd craving. As Jaws returned to stand in front of her, he let his muzzle pass only a whisker's breadth away from her own, responding with a wink. "In that case, you can call me Jaws."
44 Posts
Ooc —
while jaws did not exude the unclean miasma that crescendo did, starling could not help but feel her personal space a little violated as the dark male strode about her. he was confident -- she had to be -- and boldly she stared at him as he circled her in the manner of a stoat.

she would refuse to show any sign of trepidation, despite the heart which had leaped up above her throat and sat pounding in her dry mouth. she could not afford to show any weakness, not to strangers. "why do they call you that?" she asked incredulous, unsure if she should be giving his jaws a wide berth..
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
The shewolf was not giving into his game too easily - rather she seemed disinterested, uncomfortable perhaps and trying to deflect his advances with questions. Jaws was not easily deterred however, especially when she was not actively rebuking him which lead him to believe she could be convinced to play rather than talk.

"Mine are rather nice, don't you think?" the coywolf replied with a punctuating click of his teeth as he turned his head from side to side to offer her a view. "But enough of that" he quickly added, leaning in so that his muzzle was next to her ear. "How about I show you something else of mine that you would like better?"
44 Posts
Ooc —
his jaws were nice -- ample specimens that showed the dedicated precocity of their species. inwardly, the little songbird squirmed. she was a stupid girl to get herself into this position, though she was too defiant now to show him she was not able to play his game.

his muzzle on her ear, however, nearly withered her -- the heat of his breath alarming as it flushed down her sensitive lobes. 'no thanks!!' inner songbird shrieked. 'gotta go!!!' inner songbird's self-preservation bleated. starling stayed put.

not even batting an eye, she turned her mossgreen gaze upon him. "no thanks. i don't care for tiny things" the songbird issued smoothly, in the precisely calm manner of a serpent's strike. (or so she hoped.)
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
The shewolf's remark caused Jaws to pause and give a short chuckle. He appreciated her wit - if she had meant to insult him and deter him her effort was in vain. She would have to do better. She stayed where she was and he took advantage of the closeness, grazing the edge of her ear with his teeth in a touch so light it was unbecoming of his stature. "Don't be like that," he whispered huskily, his warm breath bathing her ear until he shifted his muzzle to pass his tongue once across the top of her muzzle. "Let me take you for a ride."
44 Posts
Ooc —
before, their banter had been fun -- but now, starling was reminded of crescendo. goddamn, this was second dark male to hit on her so strongly in the past week. she knew she was beautiful, but was she truly so irresistibly gorgeous that all men forgot their manners?

she doubted it.

his tongue across her face was too much -- "RAPE!!!!" she bellowed as loud as her lungs possibly could, the explosion of sound barreling through her body with the colossal power of a wave. it echoed in deafening bounds through-out the forest -- with a grunt she tried to shove him away from her.

if successful she hoped her push would cow him into not being so crude. she loathed the idea of her backside to him, given his clear intentions -- so with a quick whirl she was back upon him with her eyes smoldering.
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Jaws staggered back when she yelled and shoved him, completely taken by surprise. She had gone from quietly tolerating his forward behavior to screaming rape. He may have overstepped his boundaries but she had overreacted in the worst kind of way, to which the coywolf returned an unblinking glare, his mouth formed into a hard line, his ears flicked back. "I do not rape." He said sternly, emphasizing each word. Jaws raised a paw to his ear, making an exaggerated display of soothing it from her harsh voice.
44 Posts
Ooc —
as expected, jaws flew back when her offensive shriek ransacked his perfectly-functioning ears. hah! served him right, the songbird thought -- and it was likely they functioned no longer after enduring such a grievous assault.

she smirked to herself boldly, feeling assured as the male emphasized he was never the type to do so. she looked at him crossly, peering him up and down in the manner of a curious bird. "then why were you so rapey a moment ago?" starling's tone was blatantly accusatory. to ensure her survival lest her inquiry wake anger in the dark beast, the songbird stepped back carefully out of his strike range.
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Jaws despised that she referred to him as being 'rapey' and narrowed his eyes, hardening the glare he had already fixed her with. His teeth were clenched and his words were almost spat. "You weren't exactly forthcoming with your objections," he returned. "A simple 'no' would have sufficed." Jaws flicked his tail and then drew himself to his full height, literally looking down his nose at the black female. For a fleeting moment he entertained the thought of showing her how dangerous he could be, what someone acting 'rapey' was really like, but he thought better of it, knowing it was a lot of effort and a lot of conflict he did not care for to prove a point that would gain him nothing.
44 Posts
Ooc —
had starling been cognizant of the male's thoughts she would have shrieked and then run, and quickly. but as it was, she wasn't -- she was simply a dumb girl with a princess complex. a dumb girl who, as of right now, had managed to completely ruin this stranger's day.

well, what about her day! he had come to close and violated her space bubble! he made her feel uncomfortable in a way no princess should ever experience. her groomed fur rose again as she thought of what could have happened had she not yelled -- as far as she was concerned, it had been a necessity.

"you licked me!" the songbird practically wailed, her tantrum rising. vigorously she started to lick her paw and coarsely rub the area afflicted by his tongue, scowling murderously at him as she did so.
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Jaws' anger started to subside as he came to the conclusion that he was dealing with a female that was a bit too prissy and dimwitted for his tastes. As she protested his licking (as if that somehow warranted her foolish rape accusations) a devilish grin appeared on his face. She had stepped back before and now he closed that distance by stepping toward her. "Want me to do it again?" he asked darkly as he stuck out his tongue. Perhaps she would just run this time. Run away and leave him be. Suddenly that injured doe sounded appealing again (indeed, he should have ignored this female altogether).
44 Posts
Ooc —
starling's eyes widened to the size of saucers as the male lurked forwards, deviance writ across his upturned lips. her fur lifted as if a current ran under it, and in reflex her head arched backwards.

"you wouldn't dare!" the songbird hissed in disbelief. her eyes grew wider with each step he took towards her until at last he had bridged her comfort.

with a shriek a madwoman couldn't even have conjured, starling turned tail -- bounding wildly as fast as her limbs could carry her away from the impish creature. she thought it possible he was only joking -- but she dared not stick around to find out.
228 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Jaws' tactic had worked, the small shrieked and fled, leaving him to business and peace. The coywolf let out a hearty laugh. "Ha!" he barked after her, but her fast legs had carried her out of ear shot. His anger over her wild accusations had become amusement at her expense. Pleased with himself, the coywolf carried on. He may not have gotten the girl this round but he had certainly had the last laugh. And that was good enough for him.