Nova Peak Self-made confession
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran paced back and forth, back and forth. Wearing a rut in the soft ground. He would go so far, shake his head and turn back around. He was sick to his stomach and the guilt that ate away at him, was enough to cause his limbs to shake. He hadn't been able to eat in days. He was a bloody fool, is what he was. So twisted up in knots over a brown girl with multicolored eyes. It drove him mad, however he also fought hard to keep in mind. All the lessons his family had taught him, and were his mother here with him. She would have ripped apart his hide for being all kinds of a fool. For taking to long to admit the truth of the matter to himself. he chuckled to himself, how was it that he could be so honest to everyone, but himself.

Finally, he stopped moving and stood motionless staring up skyward. Lifting his muzzle to the sky he called out to @Kaskara and tried to calm the shakiness of his limbs. He wasn't sure what this conversation would hold for him. And he wasn't even sure how he would go about doing it. With Kiva it had just been like breathing, they had always been an item. Everyone knew they would end up together, so there had never been a conversation. Just a feast the day before they became official mates. Her father came to inspect all the Kieran owned, and then that was that. The next day she took his name.  HE didn't understand the customs this part of the world.

He wondered if perhaps he should have spoken to her brother. Then however, he thought that Kaskara would get upset with him. Because she was not an item to be bought and sold, not that he felt that way. He just knew that some felt that way, when you asked their male family members for their paw. He growled softly to himself and shook his head. Sitting down he tucked his tail around his paws and stared at the ground. Waiting and hoping she would come.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
She had been visiting with Bazi when the howl reached skyward for her, calling her to Kieran's side. She smiled softly, bid her sister goodbye, and heeded his call. Her stomach turned in knots as she loped up the slopes of her home, twisted around the trees, and finally made it to him. There was a slightly worn path beside him, as if he had been pacing for hours there, but he seemed as calm and collected as usual.

Kaskara approached him slowly, her heart racing not only from the short journey up here, but for what he had to say. What was going on here? She eyed him carefully, smiling softly. The last time they had spent more than a few minutes together was when she caught him calling out Kiva's name in his sleep, when he had told her all about his past and the pain that he still felt today. She hoped he wasn't going to talk more about that, though she would listen dutifully as a friend should. That was simply her way.

She nudged him gently in greeting and sat near him, facing him, though not too close to crowd. "Hey, Kieran," she said softly, tilting her head ever-so-slightly to indicate her curiosity. She wondered what he needed her for, but simply remained silent, knowing he'd get to it eventually.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
If Kieran had known Kaskara was visiting with Bazi. He would have told her to take her time. He however did not know. So, he didn't even think about it. He saw and heard her coming and lifted green gaze to her. He looked at her for a moment, trying like the very devil not to lose his cool. He wanted to run away right now and never look back. But if one thing could be said about the scarred ex-prince, he was not a coward.

As far as Kieran was concerned, the past was over. Sure he missed his family, and Kiva he would always miss her. However, he was trying to move on from it. Even if he couldn't fully move on yet, he was at least trying. He would not rehash it, he would not bring it up anymore. It was not his way to constantly revisit the past with others. By himself sure he did it all the time, but he wouldn't bring another down with him. It was simply not the way he was made. He kept most of his concerns and thoughts close to the vest.

She nudged him and spoke his name, and he felt bile rise up in his throat. He was a nervous wreck, though you wouldn't know it. He kept himself pretty calm, or at least he hoped so for any case. Oi called yer cos,....well yer clap....i....you....yea....firstly chucker yer 'av yisser mince pie on a fella? Cos Oi don't want ter step on any indian joes. An' cause yer too fale awkward. 
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Though he looked calm, there was a flicker of something behind his eyes as pulled away from him, something that caused her to wonder at his true feelings right then. But she didn't comment on it, she just kept it to herself. As he began to talk, Kas's heart fluttered in her chest. He was stuttering, something she wasn't used to from him, and he seemed unsure. Of himself? Of her? She didn't know, but it scared her to see her best friend, this solid rock of a man, unsure of anything.

His words were strange, and it took her a long moment to piece together not only the words themselves, but the meaning behind them. A slow, shy smile slid onto her lips at that point, and she nodded slightly. "I do have my eye on someone...but I don't think he even knows that I exist. I think he loves another." Though she was trying to drop hints to get him to see that it was him she cared about, Kas wasn't so sure that he'd get the message. "Why do you ask?" she prompted, hoping he would say something, anything, to put her fears to rest.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran gritted his teeth, absolutely furious with himself. He knew it was the way of his culture, and life. Men just weren't all that confident when it came to matters of the heart. Sure they loved and they loved hard, and if the woman was anything like their mammy's well then they were lost. He however, was swimming in uncharted water and wasn't even sure what to do about it. He lifted his head and gazed at her for a moment fighting a war within himself.

Kieran felt his heart stutter and free fall, so she did have her eye on another. Then her next words caused him to flinch, what a fool. If this fella couldn't see a good girl, then he was an idiot. Not realizing that he was speaking of himself, though had he realized he would have called himself ten times a fool and more. He swallowed thickly and answered her quietly, Well, den 'e's a eejit

Her next question caused him surprise, he didn't know how to answer her. He wanted to tell her the truth, but if she liked another. He didn't want there to be awkward feelings there. However, he also remembered his mother reminding him she didn't raise cowards, she raised men. So he bit the bullet and thought over what to say. Oi chucker not want ter cause yer ter 'av any problems. An' if yer loike a fella so'tiz not me place ter git between dat. "Owever, Oi want yer ter nu. Dat shud yer decide 'e's not worth it. Oi'm 'ere an' I'd loike ter move on if ye'd 'av me. He grew quiet then and looked down. A strange look on his face, he wasn't sure what to do now, and he wanted to run, just run. He felt like ten times a fool, and strangely his heart hurt. It was he was sure from letting Kiva go and from realizing that he was too late. Kaskara already had another. Curse the shyness of his nature when it came to matters of the heart.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kas wanted to laugh, to declare that yes, he was an idiot! How could he not see that she meant him, not someone else? While her heart soared in her chest at the thought of loving him, of being near him every day, she also felt a little foolish. Why couldn't she just lay it out there, let him see what she meant? The warrior watched him carefully, sizing him up, wondering if he would ever realize that she loved him? Perhaps not.

His next words, however, nearly stopped her heart. Her stomach clenched with anticipation, and though she was nervous and scared, the smile that spread across her muzzle revealed her true thoughts. "I don't think you'd be getting between anything." Her voiced trailed away and she shook her head, trying to get her thoughts back on track. "You see, the guy I have my eye on is, well...you." She giggled softly, wondering what this ecstatic, giddy feeling was rushing over her. "And I would be honored to, um, move on with you." What was she even saying? Was that what you said to someone you loved? That you'd "move on" with them?! Now she wanted to curl up into herself and forget she even existed. But she couldn't do that, not now that her feelings were out in the open.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Keiran did not boast that he wasn't a bit thick. There were times, where the clearest answer was right there, and he couldn't even touch it .He wasn't stupid exactly, just a little foolish and misunderstanding of many things. Especially, here where the culture was so different. Kieran supposed he deserved the little bit of heart ache since he hadn't moved when he had the chance. He had been..well to put it bluntly. He had been scared.

Kieran lifted his head at her words. Really, he wouldn't be getting inbetween anything, well then the man really was a fool. If he couldn't see the prize that he had in front of him, well he just didn't deserve it. Her next words caught him off guard and he started to laugh, full out laugh. Then realizing he might upset her, he fought to tamper down the laughter to speak out. Well I'll attest ter de fact dat scon are an eejit. Oi wus sittin' 'ere callin' meself a eejit apparently. There was laughter on his face, and his eyes danced merrily for once.

Kieran wanted to jump for joy when she spoke up. But instead he rushed forward and lifted her head to lick her face. [hover-Well alright then. You just made me the happiest man.]Well gran' so den. Yer jist made me de' appiest paddy.[/hover] He wagged his tail and licked her face again, a soft hum deep in his chest.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kieran laughed, really laughed out loud, at her words. She looked up at him and smiled, hesitating only for a second, before laughing with him. It was true; he was calling himself an idiot, a fool. She grinned. "Aye, you were calling yourself a fool. Glad you don't deny it."

"Well gran' so den. Yer jist made me de' appiest paddy." And just like that, it seemed they were moving forward. Were they courting? Mates? The ideas butterflied in her stomach, fluttering inside her, as she tried to figure it out. After a moment, she gave up. "I'm happy that you're happy. But, um...what does that make us now?" Friends, always. But she wasn't sure where they stood now. Moving forward, but where did they sit now?
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran chuckled again and shook his head. Well there was no denying he was an honest man. And he told her as much. Well, if anythin' scon are an 'onest paddy. He grew quiet trying to focus on her words, instead of the way his insides were jumping. Or the mixture of bliss and guilt he felt. He knew Kiva would want him to be happy, he knew he shouldn't feel so guiltily. Frankly, however he just couldn't help it, but he would never tell kaskara that. No this was a battle he needed to get through on his own. And besides he wasn't about to mar the happiness with it. He would just work at it, until it went away.

Kieran chuckled at her next words and settled to his haunches and then further down. Finding the excitement was a bit much for him. He realized suddenly that he was a few years older than Kaskara, at least 2. He shook his head and smiled, Well, dat is up ter yer. We can start wi' doin' a line if yer loike or move straight ter bein' offishal. Oi'm not 'eadin' anywhere, yisser stuck wi' me. So, 'tis 'owever fast yer wish ter move.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kieran was an honest man, that was for sure. Whatever else he was, at least he was honest. Kaskara treasured that about him, and her heart inflated immediately at the thought of spending her life with him. "I don't think anyone would argue that." She looked at him, really studied him, and finally took a step forward to close the distance between them. Though it was awkward, though she felt foolish, she wanted to be closer to him. They had already said the words and even if they were only courting, she wanted him near.

She reached out with her muzzle and gently pressed it into his cheek, trailing it along the bone there to stop at his ear. She pulled back then with a breathless laugh, feeling silly and girlish. She had never felt this way before. "I'm glad to be stuck with you. I wouldn't trade that for the whole world." Though her heart was only in its beginning stages of opening to him, she was glad he was there. Kas knew they would make a great team. Suddenly, her eyes went wide, and she asked, "What will Scimitar say?" She stared at her lover, mate, whatever he was now, with wide eyes.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran smiled a bit softly. A little nervous now, mostly because he just didn't know where ot go from here. He was fine with moving slow. Besides the fact that he was a bit rusty, not he was a lot rusty. A bit didn't even begin to cover it. Kieran chuckled and dipped his muzzle, Aye Kieran didnt move when she drew closer, but he sure felt like his heart stopped for a moment. This was a different sort of touch than a nudge or a friendly lick. Somehow it meant more.

Kieran tilted his head to the opposite side, and closed his eyes to slits. Enjoying the touch, he didn't move as she backed up, but he did stand then. To brush his own muzzle against her shoulder and lick her face. He shook his head, yep definitely rusty. Oi'm a tad rusty Kaskara, you'll 'av ter forgive me. He smiled at her though regardless, pleased to say the least. He chuckled at her words, and his smile grew brighter, making his eyes dance for a minute. Kieran had to laugh at her wide eyed look. Well Oi 'ope yer man wud be 'appy for us? I'll go blather ter 'imself first if yer loike?
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
She smiled like a giddy fool, the butterflies nearly roiling in her stomach. She had never felt this way about anyone and probably knew less than Kieran did. "Rusty or not, I wouldn't change a thing." She smiled again and touched her nose to his cheek, his shoulder, reveling in his warmth. It probably would be a good idea to talk to Scimitar first, to perhaps let him know what was going on...But she wasn't sure if it would be better coming from her or Kieran.

"I think you could talk to him, let him know. To be honest, though, I don't know how he'll take it. I haven't talked to anyone about you." Bazi was the exception, though she hadn't named the male she liked. Bazi had probably guessed, but there was truly no telling. "I would like his and Bazi's blessing before we, um, go further." Whatever that means, Kas. She shook her head slightly, trying not to berate herself for her utter lack of grace.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran chuckled at her words. There were a lot of things, the scarred irishman would change about himself if he could. Kieran didn't really know what to do as she continued to touch him, not that he minded. He'd nudge her back or lick her cheek, whatever he thought she needed at the time. But as promised he kept polite. One thing that he could say was that he was a gentleman at the very least. An honest gentleman what a way to be. He smirked softly, at the thought laughing at himself.

Kieran wasn't worried about her brother, he had been a brother himself, so he could see where Scimitar would be coming from. He listened to her, his ears perked forward. Listening to every word and trying to assimilate himself with her wants and wishes. One thing he would make sure of, was that he did his best by her. She would be a happy woman no matter what, he had to give to make sure it was so. He had failed badly with his first love, he wouldn't fail with this one. Oi 'ill blathe ter Scimitar for yer. An' I'll gladly git their blessin' for yer Kaskara, even if oi 'av ter earn it somehow. He wasn't quite sure how he could earn it, but he'd do his best.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
She didn't think he would need to prove himself or earn their approval; he had already done so many times in the near-year he had been with them. He left swiftcurrent to follow them, even accompanied her to the glacier when she and Falwasi went looking for Bazi. He was a steadfast wolf, and she hoped her brother would acknowledge that. Kas was certain Bazi would approve, seeing as she had tried to set her up with him many times, and kept dropping hints.

"Thank you, Kieran." She kissed his cheek one more time, wondering where to go from here. They were...courting, she guessed. Not exactly together but not single, either. Her heart fluttered at the idea of spending more time with him, getting to know everything about him. His likes, dislikes, his habits. She was excited to become his mate, even if that was a few weeks away. Kieran needed to talk to Scimitar first, and then she'd talk to him and Bazi, just to be sure. She wanted no problems in the pack, and while she had a feeling there would be none, she would rather be safe than sorry.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran wasn't sure, sure he had done well by the pack. But well she was Scimitar's sister that was a whole different area than taking care of the pack. His had been a brother, he knew very well how brothers could be, had chased away quite a few suitors that just weren't good for his sister. Barely any had made it down the line. The one that finally had, well he was worth his weight in gold, and he had died protecting his sister. Kieran took a deep breath a little nervous, mostly just because he didn't know if he could handle it if Scimitar said no.

Kieran smiled and leaned into her lick for a minute, and then nodded his head. You're failte, Kaskara. Kieran wasn't sure what he could offer her, personality wise. He was pretty simple male. He ate, he slept, he enjoyed early mornings and late nights. And pups could do anything they wanted and he wouldn't say a word. Kieran dipped his muzzle again, and then looked around.  Unsure what else to do, he nudged her gently adn spoke softly, Oi better go fend yisser brah'der Kaskara.

[size=small]Oi better go fend yisser brah'der kaskara.[/size]
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Last post for me! Want a new thread? :)

Kaskara's heart felt lighter than it had in a long time. Her stomach fluttered as he moved near her, and she smiled at the thought of having him to herself. Kaskara was not the jealous sort, but she was excited to spend more time with Kieran and get to know him. She already knew his darkest secrets, and from there things could only get better. When he nudged her and suggested he needed to leave, she nodded. "Of course. Let me know when you've talked to him." She kissed his cheek again and nuzzled his shoulder, before standing to watch him leave. She'd go find Bazi soon enough.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Of course :) though it will prob need to be vague at first until the thread with Scim ends. 

Kieran wasn't a jealous wolf either, but he was willing to bet given time he could possibly be. Mostly, simply because he was given a second chance, and he wasn't going to allow anyone to mess that up. Not a single wolf. Kieran was happier, but he also felt a little strange. A bit amazed and surprised he supposed. He wasn't sure what to do now. He was extremely excited, but he was also scared to death he'd mess up. Keiran gave her her one last look, then the brute turned and sped off, straight towards the hunting grounds. It was only right to bring Scimitar something to eat.