Noctisardor Bypass He's a little distant, loves a little different.
Rivenwood
Leaf
Gentle doesn't mean weak
821 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Private 
Etienne sought out @Druid next. On shaky paws and sad eyes he found her. He stared with barely concealed grief at the little children that ran around. He felt as if here hurting her. And she didn't deserve everything she had gotten lately.

He cleared his throat lifted downy head. It is clear to me Druid that 'eda and Anselm love eac' otter or at least want to try to make a go of life. I feel.

He sighed sadly. I am jealous, and I am angry. I'm grievin' and I'm sad. I don't wis' to be inbetween dem. And it 'urts to see dem. So.

He looked at her now hoping she understood. I'm goin' to Sapp'ique. At least until I can return wit'out causin' you more drama. You are good Druid. Brave and kind leader. I will not make your job 'arder. Per'aps even wit' me gone for a bit 'eda and Anselm can truly work out.

I will miss you and de babies. But I will be back.

So it doesn't seem like he knows more than he does lol. I am operating under the assumption that he would smell their scent trails intertwining a little more and with Anselm avoiding him and refusing to answer him about them being lovers despite what Heda said. He is making some big assumptions.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
688 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid’s head was already in a strange place by the time Etienne approached. She could see that something was on his mind too, so she sat up and gestured for him to speak. She wanted to argue with the very first sentence that came out of his mouth, though she held her tongue until he was finished, despite her mounting dismay.

She wanted this man to lead with them, not run for the hills. Besides that, she could use his friendship at a time like this. Druid could see he felt awful about it, though, and if he needed an escape, who was she to stop him? For a long time, she didn’t know quite what to say, so she said nothing.

I do, the Den Mother eventually said rather quietly, want to come between them. I think Heda deserves so much better than Anselm, just like you do. If anyone leaves, it should be him, Druid wanted to say but didn’t. But it’s not up to me. They’re consenting adults. So are you. I hope your time away helps you, Etienne. Take care of yourself.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Leaf
Gentle doesn't mean weak
821 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne felt terrible. He had hurt the one wolf that gave him the time of day in here. Heda tried, but it was clear lately he made her uncomfortable. Whether she had figured out his secret or Druid had told her he wasn't sure. But he was tired.

He blinked. I will return before winter, probably before fall. I will be back Druid. Dis I promise. And you can come visit if you need break. I make room w'ere i stay for you, yea? De babies too. Make sure to eat well and take breaks.

Etienne blinked and felt a small hard smile, but it quickly peppered away. Don't be doin dat. My granme Roz told me once dat we 'ave to let our loved ones make dey mistakes, because if dey don't dey don't learn from dem. And dat deir lessons are never our fault. We can only 'elp. We give wut lessons we can, but some dey learn for demselves.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
688 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Before winter? she exclaimed before she could stop herself.

Druid felt bad for interrupting him but this wasn’t just some getaway. Etienne was really leaving their ranks; he would be gone for months. It made Druid suddenly realize she didn’t know if Rivenwood would still be here come winter. It felt like her every effort and vision only fell apart spectacularly.

All there was left to say was, You do what you have to do, Etienne, and repeating, Take care of yourself.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Leaf
Gentle doesn't mean weak
821 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne grimaced at her yelp. And his heart fell heavier. He took a breath and another. Forcing the panic that had risen. Would she even want him back after this. He wasn't so sure anymore.

He frowned thinking. Could he move away from Anselm so quickly if he tried. Did he just need a week or two. He didn't know.

If you need me before dat send someone. And I may be back sooner. I just need away, Druid. I need space or I will just continue to 'urt. I will check in, in a week, or two yea?
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
688 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Sorry she’s taking it pretty poorly. I think this will be my last.

It wasn’t like her to shut down like this, though Druid couldn’t help it. She said nothing further, merely nodding to acknowledge she’d heard him. She knew he’d felt out of place for as long as he’d lived here. It would be selfish ask Etienne to stay when he wanted, needed, to go. She refused to do it.

But now she thought she was getting a taste of it herself, this feeling of being irrelevant and unwanted. After all, if Etienne left to make room for Anselm and Heda to build a life together, then where did that leave Druid?
Rivenwood
Leaf
Gentle doesn't mean weak
821 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
It is a okay she has had a lot going on.

Etienne wanted to hug her tight as he could. But he wasn't sure if she would accept such a thing right now.

I will be back Druid.

He tilted his head downward and looked at the ground.

Im sorry Druid.