Be my little flashlight
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey felt a little disappointed, when she didn't see the promised "bears" in the sky right away and only, when she reminded herself that the constellations didn't appear, what their title told to in the beginning. You had to take a bit of imagination to add the missing details, give a form and substance to the geometrical figure and only then did you see the picture that was carefully hidden among the stars. Dipper was a foreign concept to Osprey, but she put two plus two together and understood that it had something to do with dipping. Like your tongue in the water, when you wanted to have a drink.

Therefore after a bit of watching, observing and counting she thought she had caught the Little Bear by the tail. It didn't look much like a bear at all, but still... The big bear, however, despite her best efforts remained obscured in the nightsky. "And how... besides the Polaris... you can tell, where you are? I mean... don't the constellations move?" she asked the little Navigator to share his wisdom.

Osprey spent another good hour listening, how the little companion revealed the secrets and knowledge of the stars. That night, before falling asleep, she thought long and a lot about, what the owl had told her, her muzzle lifted upwards to see the stars better and to follow the invisible lines that connected them, bringing the scattered dots to order, drawing images and telling stories.

ooc: editted an ending, since the character has gone inactive.
Messages In This Thread
Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 14, 2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 15, 2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 15, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 17, 2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 17, 2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 21, 2015, 03:14 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 21, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 26, 2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - March 05, 2015, 05:35 PM