Blacktail Deer Plateau It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She spoke hesitatingly, but with an openness and friendliness that showed him she wished to mkae up for her previous behavior as much as her apology did.  Dante knew it wasn't entirely her fault, though.  Emotions had been running high for both of them.

"I am sorry too."  He had been upset... still was, in fact, though he kept this under lock.  His reasons for being upset about the situation had extended past those that were appropriate to air to her, and there was little that could be gained by discussing it - and much to be lost.  He needed to let it go, and he needed to do so on his own terms.  He was sure he would be able to in time, he just wasn't sure how much.

He was giving up before he'd even entered the game.  He'd determined it wasn't worth the cost of their friendship to pursue something that was surely not going to be returned.

"That's what friends do.  They help one another.  I wanted to give you space, though.  And I needed some myself,"  he admitted, then offered a small smile.  This was held a moment before disappearing once more as he slipped back into seriousness.  "I'm also sorry that I asked you to stay like that.  Not because I want you to go... I definitely don't.  But because it isn't my place to decide.  And if you are unhappy... well, just, I forget that my words have weight sometimes."  He often forgot that his station allowed him to issue orders and that what he saw as a friend requesting a favor could be read as such by the other.  He did not know if this had been the case with Osprey, but he wanted to be sure and clarify in case.
Messages In This Thread
RE: It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke - by Dante RIP - March 28, 2015, 07:42 PM