Blacktail Deer Plateau It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He felt some of his tension leave as she admitted she was glad she had remained, for he had doubted it somewhat.  She'd been so withdrawn he'd half expected her to disappear regardless, whether it be to make a new start somewhere else or track down the father.  To hear her say that this place was home made him glad, for it meant he wasn't about to lose her friendship.  And though for a while it would be a bit awkward for him, being around her, he did not have many he felt he could relax so much around, and it was nice to know that at least for a while he would still have that.

"None have come to me expressing that.  So I do not know.  But Blue, Lasher, and I are in agreement... this is your home, for as long as you wish it.  This doesn't change that."  His eyes met hers, evenly.  They could have had a meeting, discussing it, but Dante knew that would change nothing.  Regardless of what the others might think, he wasn't about to kick her out on her own, and he liked to imagine their packmates were better than that.  Some might wish her punished, but surely none would wish her to be thrown out to fend for herself.  Dante did not often use his position to his advantage (a fact Saena had been quick to note), but in this instance he did not feel badly doing so.

He imagined one of the ones who was on her mind, and then realized she might not have heard the news.  "Saena came and spoke with us, though.  She has decided to strike out on her own."  He watched her, uncertain as to what this would mean to her.  Though she was undoubtedly not a supporter of her aunt, they were family after all.
Messages In This Thread
RE: It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke - by Dante RIP - March 29, 2015, 12:58 PM