Blacktail Deer Plateau It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey and Burke's last meeting had not ended well (it was turning out to be a tradition in sorts), but the reason she felt angry with him still was not because he had caused her pain by shoving her inconsiderately of her feet, but rather, because he had been right about one thing. You can be independent but don't be too stubborn about asking for help. These were his exact words and in the days that were to come, whenever it got too hard for her to manage the most basic things, she heard his voice. She was not alone - she had built walls around her to keep everyone out - but that there were people, who wanted to help her, if she let them.

Last night, she had lied awake for many hours, because of the pain in her limbs and because her imagination of, what could the darkness bring, was running wild, giving her nightmares and dreams that felt very real. To the point of hallucinating. It was then, when repeating herself over and over again that it was alright, that she did not have to fear, she had understood that she did not want to prove the others that she was tough anymore. That she was weak and wasn't getting any better. That the loneliness had become unbearable. Dante's voice was encouraging, yet still Osprey struggled for the right words to tell him that she did not want to be on her own. Admitting defeat to yourself was easier than admitting it to a friend too.

Trying to imagine, what would MO do in her place, didn't help much, because Osprey was sure that her mother had never been in this kind of situation. For some reason she had a feeling that the former queen of the Flightless falcons would not leave her without an advice. Don't be a coward. MO's voice whispered in her ears. The idea that maybe there was no shame in asking a favor, when you really needed that, gave her strength in the end. After a silence that felt to her having lasted for eternity, she cleared her throat and as hard as it was, looked Dante in the eyes and said: "Could you... if you are able to and want to, of course, come and stay the nights here with me? I manage through the daytime, but... it's harder to find rest at nights. I... I am scared."

This was, how far her courage could take her - she broke the eye contact and looked away, feeling that, if she her plea was rejected, it would be easier to swallow te disappointment.
Messages In This Thread
RE: It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke - by Osprey - March 30, 2015, 04:27 PM