Blacktail Deer Plateau It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
You are SO CLOSE to 1000!!!!! :D

It took her a while to make the request, so obviously quite a bit of pride was being put aside here.  He could understand that.. it was always preferable to shoulder things on one's own, to not be a bother.  But sometimes you had little choice but to bite the bullet and ask for support.  There was nothing wrong with that, yet he waited patiently, knowing that it was hard all the same.  Just because it was okay didn't mean it was simple.

When she finally began, looking him in the eye, what she asked for was completely unexpected.  Not long ago he'd offered his own shelter to her, but she'd turned him down then.  Now it seemed she had reconsidered, though in a way he hadn't in any way guessed.  He could have laughed.... it was perfect.  Of course this would be the request.  He couldn't turn it down, though, even if he'd wanted to.  And he did not want to, much as it might be a mistake.

This was not going to make what he felt he needed to do any easier, though.

He kept his thoughts to himself, though, and the smile that came was not wry, but genuine.  "I think I can manage that."  He hardly used his den in the warmer weather, much preferring the open air of sleeping under the stars.  Except in times of rain, he did so, and even then he'd sometimes find a nice tree to shelter under instead.  Coming to her location would be little different from that, and it would be nice to have the company too.  
Messages In This Thread
RE: It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke - by Dante RIP - March 30, 2015, 07:18 PM