Blacktail Deer Plateau the storm is coming in
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
I like how I mentioned that I'm going to be scarce and needed a break anyway... and HERE I POST ANYWAY. Oh well. I'm killing free time at the moment. >__>

They headed off, though Mordecai found he trailed behind. This wasn't a problem really, because he knew that Blue would stay close. And her questions were helpful in themselves, a distraction from the pain that he felt coursing cleanly through his wounds. He didn't know what the true extent of them were, but he knew he had been lucky. Mordecai was many things and while he did not consider himself much of a fighter, he was capable enough to hold his own ground. Things would have been much worse if that secondary bystander had become a participant any more than they had.

"I came from the south," he said, coming to a pause thoughtfully. "The desert, really. I like it here better than I did there; at least there's more of change in the seasons." While he may have had passing moments where he missed the bulk of his family, Mordecai really did not miss the territory that Sedona encompassed. Nor did he like the isolation and seclusion, but that was another matter altogether entirely. He felt her eyes roaming over him and met her gaze for a moment curiously before turning it back to the path ahead of them. "I've got family around here, mostly transplants like myself. They've settled and I haven't, so to speak." And that he felt vague purposely, recalling Charon and his bitterness cleanly.

"Have you always lived here?" It was easier to change the subject then, because he was always interested in the stories of others. Blue Willow didn't seem the type to simply brush off the return of the question she had asked, so he considered it a safe area to explore. If anything, not many of the wolves he had encountered could have claimed to have been natives to the region. They all had come from somewhere and converged across quite an expanse.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
the storm is coming in - by Mordecai - March 16, 2015, 01:06 AM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Blue Willow - March 17, 2015, 08:05 AM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Mordecai - March 17, 2015, 12:56 PM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Blue Willow - March 24, 2015, 07:58 AM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Mordecai - March 24, 2015, 12:42 PM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Blue Willow - April 01, 2015, 07:05 AM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Mordecai - April 01, 2015, 12:55 PM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Blue Willow - April 09, 2015, 12:03 PM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Mordecai - April 09, 2015, 02:25 PM
RE: the storm is coming in - by Blue Willow - April 20, 2015, 08:54 AM