Frostfire Ridge i've been looking for a way to lie
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Citali's correction of Nochtli only confirmed what Týrr had already suspected, heavily, as Manauia tried to talk him into returning to the Rise even without his memories. Despite that Quetzalcoatl had made him a prince, likely with the hope that he would harbinger in a new era for the Amazon women that they would never accept him as their King. He could not recall with any sort of certainty but he often felt the rise of suspicion that the only reason they respected him was because it had been their reigning and War Queen's command. It was akin to being the Princess but with the wrong reproductive parts, and lacking the full respect that the Rekkr thought they might give a female. 

Citali snarled at his chuckle, though the Rekkr did not give her the satisfaction of flinching; assuming that she was all bark and no bite. This might have been the wrong assumption, but if Manauia was of any given indication Quetzalcoatl was not a wolf that any of them deigned to feel the wrath of. The earthen colored female spoke sharply that she intended to still call him Tezcacoatl. A wave of guilt rushed over Týrr. He did not deserve to bear the name and all associated with it, if only because he couldn't remember, yet he did not argue. He offered Citali a firm nod as Nochtli let out a string of 'fucks'. As Citali proceeded to speak to him very loudly and slowly, the Rekkr's expression was highly unamused as he rose to his paws, free of Nochtli's weight as she allowed him up off the ground. “I said I lost my memory not my brain functionality, I can hear and understand just fine,” He spoke with a slight peevishness. He did not want to be treated like an infant. He was not the boy they had set out on this journey with. He was a man full grown. 

“Did you think that it would not have happened if I hadn't?” Perhaps it would not have, or perhaps it had been ordained when he was growing and forming within his mother's womb. “I know you can all fight well, better than most women but I'd gotten caught up in a raid, following the path I'd chosen for us to take. Regardless, it happened and there is no changing it, nor placing the blame; and as for the man responsible,” He paused because he knew they'd tell Manauia and that she might possibly kill him for not bothering to tell her. “I have killed him. I was going to kill his family and allow him to live the rest of his life suffering but they were not involved.” That wasn't particularly true because Thistle Cloud had known, but in a different perspective it had been she that had confirmed the truth: after he had confronted her. Would she have ever told him would Manauia have never found him? Týrr did not know and did not care to think any further about Ragnar's family. They would suffer and feel his death, as would his precious Bay, and that made them even enough for him.

Nochtli addressed him then, telling him that he would always have one of them near him. The idea of being babysat was unbecoming to the soon-to-be King, but he understood well enough to know despite their pretty dressing Nochtli's words did not allow for a true choice in the matter. “Do whatever you please,” Týrr spoke as he allowed his gaze to travel over her once more, where it rested as he spoke to her in return. “But I am claiming this territory. It is called Frostfire Ridge.” The Rekkr lacked any sort of subtly when it came to informing them, and out of ideas he decided to speak it bluntly, while they were already taking metaphorical blows. “And my mind will not be changed.” Manauia had tried and failed; these two would be no different. “You may join, or you may return to Coatl's Rise. The choice is up to you but you are not tied either way.” Something that he struggled to make Manauia see, or so it felt most days.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
i've been looking for a way to lie - by Tezcacoatl - May 01, 2015, 04:47 PM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Citali - May 01, 2015, 05:24 PM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Nochtli - May 01, 2015, 10:27 PM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Citali - May 03, 2015, 02:04 PM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Nochtli - May 04, 2015, 01:27 AM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Citali - May 06, 2015, 12:20 PM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Nochtli - May 09, 2015, 11:04 PM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Tezcacoatl - May 13, 2015, 03:36 PM
RE: i've been looking for a way to lie - by Citali - May 14, 2015, 04:12 PM