Redhawk Caldera Don't call it a comeback
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Oblivious to his father's fib, Nightjar eagerly began to instruct Peregrine on how to properly mark. The father paid close attention, which was one hundred percent authentic. Of course, he knew all this but he wanted to see how well his son understood the process too. As it turned out, he was quite knowledgeable on the subject. Peregrine felt a flood of pride when the pup knew to mention even the minor details, such as the difference in procedure if the tree had already been marked.

"Don't push too hard or you might poop yourself," the tired father teased affectionately, stepping up beside his son. "Here, let me try. Let me know if I'm doing this right, okay? First, I sniff..." He stretched out his neck, inhaling near the tree's base. "Just a drop or two here," he quipped with a wink, "so I'll add onto it. I hike my leg up like this..." With years of practice, Peregrine deftly positioned himself. "And then..." He trailed off, letting the sound of his urine spraying the tree finish his sentence for him.

He went for several seconds before stopping the flow manually and resting his paw back on the ground. "One of the keys here is moderation. You know how to count to three, right? Every time you go to pee, count to three and then stop. That way, you won't run out as fast. But if you do run out," he continued, about to tell his son that a long drink would quickly help when he decided to frame a question out of it instead. "What do you do then?" he prompted. There were actually several ways to interpret and answer this question and he was curious to see how Nightjar would reply.
Messages In This Thread
Don't call it a comeback - by Nightjar - May 28, 2015, 06:47 PM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 28, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Nightjar - May 28, 2015, 08:52 PM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 28, 2015, 09:06 PM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Nightjar - June 16, 2015, 10:28 AM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 17, 2015, 09:23 AM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Nightjar - June 17, 2015, 09:58 AM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 17, 2015, 10:03 AM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Nightjar - June 17, 2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 17, 2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Don't call it a comeback - by Nightjar - June 19, 2015, 09:36 AM