Redhawk Caldera I'm the holy water you can't live without
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
His son exhibited a patience and instinct that didn't necessarily surprise Peregrine, yet it pleased him immensely. Like his adopted older brother (Pura), Nightjar was a wolf of few words, a feral creature who tapped into his instincts more sharply than most wolves the Alpha knew. Although not necessarily as outwardly ambitious as, say, Wildfire, he was undoubtedly incredibly driven. Peregrine could actually picture Nightjar growing up to one day take his place as Alpha male of the caldera. He could uphold his parents' mission to restore the natural order and behave like wild wolves.

So he toyed with the idea of selecting not just a Gamekeeper apprentice but possibly even an heir as Nightjar closed in on the muskrat. Overhead, the sky was roiling, yet both wolves ignored it in favor of the hunt. They could have been frightened by storms following last month's twister of terror. However, Peregrine sensed that nothing like that would happen again, at least in his lifetime. This was just your everyday summer storm, something which, at best, he enjoyed and, at worst, he ignored, like he did currently.
Messages In This Thread
I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Nightjar - August 02, 2015, 06:42 AM
RE: I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 03, 2015, 08:48 AM