Overture Downs i'm lucky to love something that loves me.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Paging @Mordecai @Luke @Andalusia though anyone is certainly welcome!

Harlyn smiled softly at the golden sun setting in the sky.  Even when Mordecai wasn't with her, she still saw him every where.  The tree trunks were rich like the color of his fur, the grass smooth like the tendrils along his spine, and then sun bright and warm as his eyes.  The druid was blissfully content with the way things had turned out.  The gods were kind.  Everything she had ever wanted was happening, for at that very moment, she and her pack - no, her family - were heading home together to a future that had never looked more beautiful.

What was possibly the best part to Harlyn was the simply fact that even had she been unable to see the Ostrega in every piece of the world, she could easily turn and find him right beside her.  For that, she was incredibly thankful.  She knew well by now what it had cost him to join her on this venture.  Dante had taken none too kindly to their departure, and while it had certainly soured the Cinderloch's opinion even further of the Plateau's alpha, she and Mordecai had come to a sort of silent agreement to not discuss it further.  It was too late to do anything about it, though Harlyn had certainly had thought of many, many things she would have liked to say to her former packmate.  The gods had pointed their way towards the future - it was Dante's prerogative now if he wanted to sit and be bitter about what was past.

The little band had paused to rest for a few hours, though now so very close to their final destination.  Harlyn wandered presently on the Northern edge of the Downs, eying the Lake to the far East.  She knew just beyond the length of the meadow was their future claim, so close she could almost smell the cool air between the trees.  Soon they would be there and begin to stake their claim.  Soon they would begin to map their territory, to hunt and fill caches for the Winter.  Soon, she and Mordecai would find themselves a den, and then...  Harlyn smiled like a giddy schoolgirl.  She was certainly getting ahead of herself, for that part of the equation hadn't exactly been hammered out.  But the gods had been gracious thus far, and so she allowed the spark of hope to glow in her heart.
Messages In This Thread
i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Harlyn - August 08, 2015, 11:17 AM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 08, 2015, 01:08 PM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 08, 2015, 04:27 PM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 14, 2015, 11:01 AM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 16, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 16, 2015, 04:39 PM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 18, 2015, 07:37 PM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 21, 2015, 07:38 PM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 23, 2015, 03:42 PM
RE: i'm lucky to love something that loves me. - by Luke - August 28, 2015, 12:37 PM