Redhawk Caldera I'm the holy water you can't live without
311 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
He could understand nourishing the young was important, and could agree that it was a pack wolf's duty to their young to do so. He could understand preserving the old who once contributed so much, but less so. When Peregrine mentioned the sick, however, his conscience entered into a brief conflict with his wild beliefs. While it was common practice at the caldera and apparently everywhere else to nurse the ill and injured back to health, Nightjar couldn't help feeling that it was a burden to do so. To give good meat to a wasting soul.

Ever the forward youth, he abruptly asked, "shouldn't they die if they're too sick to feed themselves?" Sick prey animals died at the fangs of their hunters, and wolves specifically sought the sick because they were weak. It was Nightjar's belief that this was true not only of prey animals, but of all animals, wolves included. "They take food from the healthy," he callously reasoned. Although not entirely without conscience or heart—Nightjar had both of those things regarding the healthy and hale wolves of the caldera—he was also a creature exclusively of logic. Pragmatic, but guided by instincts in it. What he said wasn't offensive in his eyes, just a fact of nature, though he cautiously watched Peregrine for any sign of disturbance.
Messages In This Thread
I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Nightjar - August 02, 2015, 06:42 AM
RE: I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Nightjar - August 13, 2015, 07:05 PM