Redhawk Caldera I'm the satellite and you're the sky
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Powerplaying @Elwood Jr -- Iris, you're welcome to toss him in here, but this is also all welcome for anyone! :)

Elwood, of course, hadn't protested when Finley had suggested that she take a jaunt away from the caldera for a few days. He was used to her wandering nature and was actually glad to see that she was feeling up to doing a little outriding. She had been a surprisingly good mother to Elwood Jr -- and he meant that in the least offensive way possible! -- and had devoted a majority of her time to caring for him. She deserved a little vacation from her responsibilities.

But he found that after she was gone for only a few hours, he really started to miss her. He realized that it had been nearly three months since they had been apart for any substantial length of time. Sure, they each tended to their duties as Betas, and often alternated babysitting Eljay, but this was the first time she had really been away. Already he anticipated her return, but he was loathe to admit that to anyone.

Part of the reason behind her venture was to hopefully finish Eljay's weaning. The boy ate some meat, but still stubbornly tried to insist on receiving some of his mother's milk. Elwood braced himself for potential temper tantrums once the boy realized that Finley wasn't around. For now, though, the pup was happy to traipse around the territory with his father as the silver Beta checked the nearby caches.
Messages In This Thread
I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 05, 2015, 04:04 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 09, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 09, 2015, 09:14 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 10, 2015, 08:02 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 10, 2015, 12:07 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 14, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 15, 2015, 12:22 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 17, 2015, 09:00 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 17, 2015, 07:52 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 19, 2015, 06:23 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 20, 2015, 08:30 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 25, 2015, 05:02 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 25, 2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 30, 2015, 05:41 AM