Redhawk Caldera I'm the satellite and you're the sky
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood busied himself with investigating the pack's food lockers and didn't notice the frown that became increasingly more evident on Eljay's face. It was only when the boy spoke up that he turned to look at him; little Elwoof had been so quiet and obedient, plodding along behind his father, that Elwood hadn't even suspected that he was growing disgruntled with Finley's lack of presence.

"I miss Mommy too," he replied truthfully, yellow eyes meeting green as he spoke. "She'll be back soon, though. Maybe two or three sleeps," he elaborated, trying to explain in a way that Elwoof would understand. Finley had promised to only be gone for a few days, but since Eljay didn't yet have a good grasp on the concept of time, he thought that using the setting of the sun would be a good reminder.

He moved forward, nosing at a tree that he knew housed a cache beneath its roots. Before he began to dig, though, he addressed Elwoof again. "Mommy likes to go exploring. That's one of her jobs. But even though she leaves sometimes, she always comes back," he said, but even as the words slipped past his lips he found himself hoping that she would return sooner rather than later.
Messages In This Thread
I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 05, 2015, 04:04 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 09, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 09, 2015, 09:14 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 10, 2015, 08:02 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 10, 2015, 12:07 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 14, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 15, 2015, 12:22 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 17, 2015, 09:00 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 17, 2015, 07:52 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 19, 2015, 06:23 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 20, 2015, 08:30 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 25, 2015, 05:02 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 25, 2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 30, 2015, 05:41 AM