Redhawk Caldera I'm the satellite and you're the sky
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwoof suddenly closed his eyes and exhaled loudly, making a humming noise, and Elwood tilted his head as he looked quizzically down at his son. What was he doing? In the next instant, the child's eyelids popped open again and he yawned, his little mouth opening as wide as it could. And then, before Elwood could respond, his eyes were closed and he had resumed his noisemaking. It was then that Elwood realized that his son was pretending to be asleep -- completing the "two sleeps" required for Finley to come back.

He bit his lower lip, trying to keep his face from wrinkling into a grin, as Eljay "woke up" and looked around expectantly as though Finley would appear right by his side. He even called out for her, raising his voice to the highest decibel he had used so far in his short life -- but there was still no sign of Finley. The pup looked so hopeful that Elwood hated to dash his dreams, but he didn't want him to be even more disappointed when Finley stayed gone for a few more days.

"Not yet, buddy. The sun has to go down two or three times. We'll go to sleep tonight when it's dark, and then wake up tomorrow. No Mommy yet. But maybe after we go to sleep tomorrow night and we wake up in the morning, she'll come back," he said with a wave of his tail.
Messages In This Thread
I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 05, 2015, 04:04 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 09, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 09, 2015, 09:14 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 10, 2015, 08:02 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 10, 2015, 12:07 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 14, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 15, 2015, 12:22 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 17, 2015, 09:00 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 17, 2015, 07:52 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 19, 2015, 06:23 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 20, 2015, 08:30 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 25, 2015, 05:02 AM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Elwood - September 25, 2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'm the satellite and you're the sky - by Eljay - September 30, 2015, 05:41 AM