Sequoia Coast Now you see me
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Nochtli admitted she wasn't the best fisherman, but he knew she was still better than him if she knew anything at all. His eyes went to the few fish around them before settling on her as she instructed him on what to do. He watched her hunt as she spoke, staying very still- something that came easy to him. He didn't want to spook the fish and cost her a kill. She grabbed the fish in her jaws, killing it and tossing it to the shore. His eyes never left the fish, even as it lay lifeless in the sand. He was hungry enough that for a split second, he considered foregoing this fishing thing and taking the fish she had just caught.

Thankfully, his manners came through. She was nice enough to teach him some tips on fishing, he would not be rude enough to steal her food. His attention turned back to the water. He nodded when she said it was his turn, and waited for the fish to come closer to him. In his haste, he struck too soon and the fish was well out of harms way as his head came back out of the water. "Be patient," he told himself out loud. He took a deep breath, willing himself to calm down. He stilled once more, waiting until there were several fish swimming through his legs. He waited until one swam just in front of him, sending his open jaws into the water after it. They clamped down like it would be his last meal and he would never let go. Sure of his grip, he brought the wriggling fish out of the water, turning his body to head to shore. It wasn't as big as the one Nochtli had got, but it was something.

He wasted no time in chowing down on the fish. It was kinda salty, and quite different from land prey, but he found he didn't really mind that. Finishing the fish quickly, he looked over to Nochtli. "I think I'm gonna go for a second," he said, padding back into the water.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
Messages In This Thread
Now you see me - by Dash - September 20, 2015, 06:39 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Nochtli - September 20, 2015, 07:23 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Dash - September 20, 2015, 08:15 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Nochtli - September 20, 2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Dash - September 21, 2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Now you see me - by Nochtli - September 21, 2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Dash - September 21, 2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Nochtli - September 22, 2015, 04:36 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Dash - September 22, 2015, 06:32 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Nochtli - September 27, 2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Now you see me - by Dash - September 29, 2015, 01:23 PM