Date; 4.3.2014
Time; Early evening
Location; Not too far from the Leader's den
Status; All Welcome

i'm just a dreamer
i dream my life away
i'm just a dreamer
[size=3]who dreams of better days[/size]

It was time to deposit the catches that she’d made over the course of the last 24 hours. She wasn’t even remotely tired, having slept through the night in a location away from anyone else. Being a member of the pack and doing things for the pack was one thing, but sleeping anywhere near anyone else was something entirely different and something that would take time for her to even remotely consider. Sabriyah had been entirely on her own for almost an entire year. It wasn’t something that she was going to be able to just instantly get over. It was going to take time.

Carrying her prizes security in her jaws, she followed her nose to find where she was going. It didn’t take long, at all, for the scent of Peregrine mixed with others to reach her nose, signaling that she was going the right direction. Sabriyah was not going directly to the alpha’s den, but to a small cache not all that far off from their den. The young female was careful to be quiet, but not so quiet that she’d startle and piss off either one of the leaders inside the den. The last thing she wanted was to get her ass kicked for doing as she’d been instructed to do!

Setting down the three small animals she had caught (2 rabbits and a raccoon), she moved to sniff at the cache. Slowly so as to not end up tossing out anything else that might be in the cache already, Sabriyah dug an opening. Only when she was satisfied with the depth of the opening did she stop digging, taking care to not kick dirt too far away. Lowering her rump to the ground and curling her tail around her paws, she gazed down at her own handiwork. Something in the hole had a pretty gnarly stink to it, though, and caused her to wrinkle her sensitive nose in disgust. Part of her wanted to figure out what it was that stank so badly, but the other part didn’t want to get in trouble or something for disposing of it.

“Screw it,” she muttered softly, pushing herself to her paws. Turning her back on the hole, she began to cover it back up without putting the three small animals she had brought into the hole with the gnarly stinking thing. Once she had replaced all the dirt she’d dug out, she tromped on it to pack the dirt down. Satisfied with that, she moved about five or six feet away from that cache and began digging a brand new, fresh cache. It took a little bit, but she finally managed to get the hole dug. It was harder than opening the other cache since she was digging this one from scratch, but it was worth it in her opinion.

Finally satisfied with what she’d been working on, she moved away from the hole to return to the three fresh killed small critters. Picking up one, the largest (a raccoon), she headed over to the hole and laid it inside first. Returning to the other 2 carcasses, she picked up the larger of the two rabbits, headed back over to the hole and placed it atop of the raccoon. As she turned to head over to pick up the smaller rabbit, she stopped suddenly. Ears thrust forward, the young female’s lavender eyes began to scan the area. That was all that moved on her.

Messages In This Thread
doing my good deed - by Sabriyah - April 03, 2014, 06:21 PM
RE: doing my good deed - by Osprey - April 08, 2014, 01:55 PM
RE: doing my good deed - by Sabriyah - April 26, 2014, 06:22 PM
RE: doing my good deed - by Osprey - April 28, 2014, 04:31 PM