Lost Creek Hollow if the stars could claim me
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
The sun had begun to set in the horizon, painting the skyline in a myriad of fiery colors, casting a golden glow to everything that the sun's defiant rays touched as it began it's ascension beneath the earth. The light snow that had begun falling the day before had not ceased and while this was not exactly something that the dragon overly minded he did notice (for it was rather hard not to) that he rather stuck out like a sore thumb with his fur of smoky black against the white washed landscape where the snow stuck to the tree limbs and the ground. Though the shadows of the night could camouflage him more than adequately enough Lagon didn't put much stock in landscape camouflage. During the day he would usually stick out to prey anyway, lest he found a place well shadowed but it was irrelevant simply because he wasn't hunting currently. 

In fact, he was still trying to make a mental map of the Hollow's claimed territory — this time putting much more effort into paying attention than he had previously when he'd met Lost Creek Hollow's alpha male Mordecai. Gaze of mahogany red took in his path as his steps slowed to a stop, tail brushing against his back haunches as he considered which way he could go. He could continue straight and likely end up at one of the Hollow's borders again, or he could differ to a different direction. Black, leathery nostrils flared as he sniffed at the air, detecting a scent on the chillingly crisp winter wind, a scent that held the scent of the pack but, like him, also spoke of a newcomer to the Hollow pack. Curiosity won over and he adjusted his course to take him towards his fellow newbie. 

Under the weight of the snow that had fallen and accumulated a small branch had fallen to the floor, and while he hadn't actually had the intention of being stealthy he had no doubt warned her of his approach when he stepped on it — not once but twice, the cracks and snaps of it under his weight unbearably loud in the otherwise silent(ish) landscape. Lagon winced visibly, sort of prancing through the area (despite that the damage had already been done), shoulders braced and ears slicked back to his skull. “Aw man,” Lagon muttered to himself (this was why he wasn't a hunter by trade, mind) only to let out a soft snarl of defense when he found his fellow newbie and was greeted with what he took to be hostility. “Woah, hey, calm down!” The dragon demanded in his own defense, noting her low posture in defense. “I'm sorry I startled you, trust me it startled me as well,” He wasn't skittish but he hadn't exactly meant to make such a loud entrance. “but you can't go around looking like you're about to attack your pack-mates.” In the dragon's mind she was lucky it was just him and not one of the leaders. If he were a leader he would not have taken too kindly to her current display whether it was a natural defense or not; however, he wasn't a leader so how he would react wasn't really relevant to anything.
Messages In This Thread
if the stars could claim me - by Flynn - December 13, 2015, 02:33 AM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Ancalagon - December 13, 2015, 06:49 AM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Flynn - December 13, 2015, 03:57 PM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Ancalagon - December 13, 2015, 04:57 PM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Flynn - December 13, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Ancalagon - December 13, 2015, 07:10 PM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Flynn - December 13, 2015, 07:47 PM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Ancalagon - December 14, 2015, 06:52 PM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Flynn - December 23, 2015, 01:36 AM
RE: if the stars could claim me - by Ancalagon - December 27, 2015, 11:56 AM