Nocturne Summit I wish you
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
*deleted other thread and recycles*

Her second birthday had recently passed, and after a large celebration amongst the traveling Corvidae— one of fertility rites, stories of love and passion, and a great feast of caribou stag— Magpie felt a fire awaken in her. She was still young, but the awkwardness and uncertainty of her teenage years had passed, and she was suddenly intrigued by the thought of settling down and having a family of her own. She had always liked boys, but now— now, she wanted more from them. It was certainly possible for her to stay with the nomadic pack, and raise her in the same tradition; but she thought of her sister's life more and more often.

Stable. Magpie wasn't so sure about committing herself to only one eligible bachelor, as Fox had, but she was curious about the rest of it. It had been quite some time since the Corvidae had last seen the fiery woman, and she supposed she owed both her sister and her sister's mate an overdue "thanks", anyway. Not entirely positive that she wanted to stay (and, actually, unsure that she would be welcome), Magpie at least wanted to visit— and selfishly ask all the burning questions she had about family-making and life as a leader.

As she neared the Caldera, the woman paused; it was tradition, now, that she would bring a gift of food to the reigning wolves. Her snout lifted, and she tasted the breeze for hints of game, remembering— almost fondly— the times that Peregrine had taught her to hunt. She doubted he thought of her at all, let alone with fondness, but he had been a prominent male figure in her childhood.

It was then that she heard a muffled shout echoing over the foothills, and she glanced at the mountain that loomed above. Well, neither Fox or Peregrine knew that she was on her way to visit— so a small detour wouldn't hurt, much. Exploring was in her blood, anyway, and Magpie wasn't one to pass up an opportunity to see something new. Trotting swiftly towards the mountainside, she shouted, "Hello?" as she scanned the craggy wall for footholds.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 11:44 AM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 12:23 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 02:15 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 20, 2016, 09:10 AM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 20, 2016, 12:34 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 20, 2016, 01:29 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 20, 2016, 03:49 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 21, 2016, 09:01 AM