Nocturne Summit I wish you
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
"He was always tough as nails," Magpie agreed. Perhaps that's why she wasn't so worried. It wasn't uncommon for elders to continue to travel with the Corvidae, even if they were deaf and blind— they had spent most of their lives working for the pack, and were treated with utmost respect even after their physical usefulness had faded. The only true worrisome thing was that Magpie didn't think Peregrine was that old... and with puppies on the way, the timing seemed horrible. The older wolf wasn't as sure that they'd make things better— probably worse. She fell into a pensive silence.

They pivoted the conversation to lighter topics, and Magpie grinned at the memories. Rabbits had been her specialty, but she had also made the poor choice to go after a mountain goat— and drag it miles home with a concussion. She couldn't remember, probably due to the same concussion, if that had been before or after Wildfire and her litter mates had been born. "It's a date," she promised her niece, with a mischievous grin.

"I've been well," Magpie answered next. "I went home— well, back to the pack I was born into, anyway. They never stay in one place for long." It occurred to her that she had never really told Wildfire about where she came from, likely in part because she was pretty flakey back then. "I think that's why I get so restless; it's just in my blood."
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 11:44 AM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 12:23 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 02:15 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 20, 2016, 09:10 AM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 20, 2016, 12:34 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 20, 2016, 01:29 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 20, 2016, 03:49 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 21, 2016, 09:01 AM