Lost Creek Hollow i hear the hungry ghosts calling out in the night
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
love that you guys responded so quickly!  this round will end on friday or alternatively whenever you all have replied again.

One by one, they trickled out from the dense woodland around him, gathering in front of him.  Unlike the previous events that had drawn them together, he was surprised to see them all there, not lagging or drawing questions forward about why they were there.  That wasn't to say those questions were evident in the loose gazes passed between one another or with himself; he knew they would wonder why.  Mordecai let the silence linger just a while longer for any stragglers and when none seemingly came, he did not hesitate to explain why he had brought them all there.

"I'm sure you've all been aware of the cougar that's been lingering outside of our territory," he began, "and I've called you together today to inform you that another of ours has been attacked by it."  He couldn't have known whether or not the others knew Ilya, but she had seemingly been good about seeking them out one way or another.  "Ilya's healing for now, but we need to continue to strengthen our borders.  I don't want any of you going along them alone, or venturing too far beyond our borders to the north alone."  Of course, he would never know if they'd adhere, but he hoped they would all the same.

Bringing his solitary gaze along them, he lingered over each of them as though he would truly be able to gauge their reactions.  Those would be just as important to him as the matters that were unfolding, and Mordecai continued on.  "I am also asking you all to keep a look out for our beta, Luke.  It's come to my attention that he's gone missing, and last I saw of him, he himself was still healing from an attack by this cat."  A growl punctuated the way he mentioned cat, because to him the cougar was no mere feline.  It was clever, savage, and it would have seemed to him that it had nothing to lose.

And the best he could reckon was that they hold their ground, but would it be enough?
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i hear the hungry ghosts calling out in the night - by Mordecai - February 15, 2016, 04:50 PM