Firestone Hot Springs catalyst
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
Totally fine with me <3 Um... This was very unexpected. My apologies that your boy is being a thrown this...

this used to be my playground
this used to be my childhood dream
this used to be the place i ran to
whenever i was in need
of a friend
[size=3]why did it have to end[/size]

It was strange being in a pack that he hadn’t been born into. It wasn’t something he had ever thought would happen, though he did hope that it would end up turning out for the best for all of them that had made the journey here. Though he was usually Julooke’s almost constant shadow, today was not one of those days. He knew that he needed to learn the paths that he could and couldn’t travel on his own and rather than be a burden to anyone (even though his sister always assured him that he was not a burden), he opted to do this exploring entirely on his own. He would have to rely even more on his senses that actually worked; scent, hearing and touch. Surely if he was careful, he wouldn’t end up getting himself utterly lost.

Following along a path he’d found purely by touch alone, he carefully made his way along it, pausing to rub his shoulder or side against random trees and rocks so that he’d be able to find his way back. He’d told his sister that he was going for a walk and promised to call for her if he got lost or needed help. He understood her hesitance to letting him go by himself but he assured her that he would be alright. The young male just needed some time to himself for a little bit. He’d parted from her company after giving her a loving and reassuring nuzzle, then set out to explore on his own.

Apparently he hadn’t been all that far from the borders because he soon found himself reaching them. He knew this purely by scent; the pack scent markings showing the rest of the world that this part of the territory belonged to the Dragonwatchers. Normally he would have stopped at the borders, turned around and gone another direction within the territory. But he didn’t this time. Instead, he continued walking, passing the scent markers and continuing on his way. He was careful as to where he set his paws, moving slowly. He could feel the dampness and heat, causing him to stop in his tracks. In that moment, thoughts of his father hit him like a ton of bricks. He remembered the hot springs near Sterrunvuur that his father had taken him to once.

Ears instantly slicked back tightly against his head and his tail snaked up partially between his legs. A pitiful whine slid forth from him. It was like a mad rush of emotions came flooding forward. Emotions that he had been keeping locked away ever since the death of his father. It was all hitting him like a ton of bricks. It hurt. All of it just really hurt in that moment and he wanted it to go back to being locked away. He hadn’t been living his life, just merely existing. Although that was clearly no way to go through life, it was what had been working for him. Until that very moment. He could feel the walls inside crumbling. He could feel the hurt, the pain, the sheer loss all come crashing forward whether he wanted it to or not. Another whine escaped from him. This one was louder than the first and he could feel his legs wanting to buckle beneath him.

Messages In This Thread
catalyst - by Kerberos - August 09, 2013, 08:02 PM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 09, 2013, 09:09 PM
RE: catalyst - by Kerberos - August 09, 2013, 09:44 PM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 10, 2013, 09:19 AM
RE: catalyst - by Kerberos - August 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 10, 2013, 11:30 AM
RE: catalyst - by Kerberos - August 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
RE: catalyst - by Yildun - August 13, 2013, 11:03 AM