Morningside Cuesta Unsteady
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
C..can we try again? :<

Magpie's mind was a swirl of hormonal emotion, insecurities, frustration, and blind confidence. It seemed that the Wilds brought out the worst in her, for the Corvidae exuded confidence and positivity when amongst the clan she had been born to. Perhaps that was it; life here was far more rigid than she was used to, and she did not know what they were or what it meant to be in a pack that did not expect (or embrace) the comings and goings of their members. Not to mention that each seemed to have their own rules, so ingrained and natural to them that they blamed their failure to teach on those they would invite inside their borders. Or so she thought.

Complicating matters, the dark woman wanted to belong and desperately wanted to succeed. But there seemed to be no place here for a free-spirit such as herself; and though she was determined to make such a place, Magpie did not yet have the confidence to pursue it directly. For now, she knew serving Thuringwethil was her best option-- particularly if she could claw her way up the ranks to stand beside the Heda, but patience was not one of her virtues. If things took too long or got too boring, the Corvidae would usually move on to something different; something that might hold her attention a little longer.

She awoke at midnight, her mood dark and foul-- feeling as if some hellish creature had gotten beneath her skin, possessing her and causing her to feel wholly alien. And, knowing that seeking another pack would not end well for her, but knowing new scenery was typically the best way to perk herself up, Magpie descended down the craggy slopes of Drageda and made her way beyond the borders.

She was not one to keep track of time, or where in particular she was going; and so her green eyes blinked in surprise when it finally registered that the sun was rising. Magpie paused, then, to sit and enjoy it as she surveyed her surroundings-- not that a flat plain was much to look at, but the views in the distance were breathtaking. Although her feelings remained unresolved, lurking beneath the surface of her heart, for the moment she was at peace.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
Unsteady - by Wildfire - March 31, 2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - April 05, 2016, 06:27 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - April 06, 2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - April 06, 2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - April 07, 2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - April 25, 2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - April 26, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - May 07, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - May 09, 2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - May 27, 2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - May 31, 2016, 11:25 AM