Sleeping Dragon you can set yourself on fire but you're never gonna burn
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Magpie, though full of judgment and her own strong convictions, remained silent and calm as the Commander addressed the concerns she had raised. She found herself suddenly more at ease than she had since her arrival, though they would still have work to do to truly become the symbiotic force they expected but did not yet trust from one another. It was easier to be blunt and honest, rather than conniving and stretching the truth. One could be clever and not disingenuous; one could be forthright and not cruel. Magpie admired the Heda's even keel.

From her own interactions with the captive, however, Magpie did not think him to be a criminal; but she had not been there when he was taken, and even she had to admit that she was projecting some of her personal experiences onto the matter. She kept the storming thoughts to herself, waiting for Thuringwethil to finish speaking.

Perhaps as the Commander did, Magpie realized the breakthrough they were experiencing. Not all of their issues would be resolved, of course, and it would require work and time from both of them-- but they had been slaves to their own assumptions, operating on miscommunication. When silence fell once more, the Corvidae took a moment to gather her thoughts, and finally spoke:

"I will maintain my own devices, but I will ensure I am present when needed. If I am away from your side and something occurs, you need only call," Magpie couldn't be everywhere, and she would not glue herself to the Commander's side in hopes something interesting would happen. She wanted to know what damage the captive had caused, and pursue that situation, but felt that could wait for now. Instead, she encouraged gently, "Tell me what happened there, so I can know your heart, and help protect Drageda from it." If Thuringwethil was making decisions out of fear, it would serve none of them. She knew better than to accuse this, however, and sought only to understand so that she might advise against something that would cause history to repeat.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: you can set yourself on fire but you're never gonna burn - by OG Magpie - April 05, 2016, 07:58 PM