Sunbeam Lair but do not eat from the tree of knowledge
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living. - Genesis 2:4-3:24
18 Posts
Ooc — LilyPop
Relief coursed through her at the gesture Jolon made. His...friend "Ezi" seemed to cheer him up no end, and the harsh reprimand she had expected had not come. Ezi nuzzled and winked and frankly, the two wolves looked so peacefully happy together and in her company it was hard to believe that she had just met them.

She reflected on that. It was true, what they had said. The wolves here could lie, and cheat, and weave deceptions - but to Eve that just made those who didn`t much more special.

Perhaps they didn`t know of her own burden. And now she had another thought. Again, it wasn`t a rule to share thoughts without questioning, but the omission felt like greasy prey-fat spreading over her pelt. So she began.

"I am sorry for my rudeness," she murmured in her low, formal way, "I cannot lie, nor withhold information. I can be silent, but anything you ask of me I must answer truthfully to the best of my knowledge.. It surprised me that despite this trait Asterr accepted me into the Pack. But if you...don`t like it, I - I understand. Thank you, Jolon, Ezi, for welcoming me."

She was truly grateful, but scared of what they might think. Who am I to them? What am I to them?

She looked down at her dark paws. These wolves looked so happy together, and it had only been the last few moons that she had realized - the truth could hurt, maim, destroy. It was more than a tool for good, it could - in the wrong paws - be a spiteful weapon of evil.

Every wolf she met, now, could take offence, unlike her parents, her friends, her littermate. Every wolf she met could be destroyed by the truth instead of praise it.

And she had that power. What if she tore these wolves apart with the truth, one day? What if she one day wielded the truth instead of sought it? What could she become where wolves could lie?

Slightly edited to account for Ezimette`s post. Thanks for pointing out the skip, Ezi!
[Image: dpoalu7ae61.gif]
Messages In This Thread
but do not eat from the tree of knowledge - by Eve - April 07, 2016, 04:02 PM
RE: but do not eat from the tree of knowledge - by Eve - April 09, 2016, 04:29 AM
RE: but do not eat from the tree of knowledge - by Eve - April 09, 2016, 03:12 PM
RE: but do not eat from the tree of knowledge - by Eve - April 16, 2016, 03:41 PM
RE: but do not eat from the tree of knowledge - by Eve - April 18, 2016, 04:08 PM
RE: but do not eat from the tree of knowledge - by Eve - April 25, 2016, 02:32 PM