Silver Creek The march of ages
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
I'll probably archive late tomorrow night if it's cool with everyone so we can get all set up and shiny (if not PM me and tell me to slow my roll)! We can always start new threads continuing off this one if we want to roleplay this stuff out. ^_^ Also feel free to make some back-dated travel threads if you want your character to explore some of TH on the way. Characters are also very welcome to go explore the new region, Saena won't be like WHY'D YOU LEAVE or anything heheh.

Blind and deaf to the inner thoughts of some of her comrades, Saena nodded and stepped forward to lead them toward the sound of water, hidden somewhere in the trees. Though they were bare, they were packed close together and should the leaves return they would provide a great deal of protection. The land wasn't much different from the maple wood they left behind, but lacked the sweet scent and instead wafted with the fresh smell of running water. The ground was bare and dry as she entered the wood, leading her pups behind her (and turning to chastise a wandering Milo with a nip to his rump), and she'd no idea that in the height of a summer without locusts, it would morph into thick moss closer to the stream.

The babble of water soon turned into a quiet roar and she emerged on the rocky bank of the creek at a point where the water tumbled and flowed in turbulent rapids. "Silver," she mumbled quietly, for the flash and glint of the water was like a pale white-grey wolf's twinkling hide (not unlike Laika), like the cool snows of the mountains. Her eyes turned to Casmir as he volunteered to patrol the boundaries of the wood and she nodded, with Spring soon volunteering to accompany him. Laika offered to stay with her and the pups and she shot the pale Eta a grateful smile. "Thank you, Laika," she said, seating herself where trees gave way to bank and bank to water. "We've had a long journey and should search for food soon—" should there be any, she bitterly thought, for the scarcity of prey and seeming lack of herds had not gone missed by the huntress, who addressed everyone present when she continued, "—but make sure you get some rest. We've traveled very, very far, and I won't drag you any further. We will make a home of this place, and we'll get by."

It wasn't Phoenix Maplewood, but in time she would come to love it just the same, she knew. She tilted back her head and howled, a low and mournful sound for the loss of their home and the many, many miles they had walked to end up here, a melody to let all know this was their new sanctuary. And unlike the maplewood, Saena would never let it be taken.
Messages In This Thread
The march of ages - by Saēna - May 01, 2016, 12:27 PM
RE: The march of ages - by Gaia - May 01, 2016, 01:40 PM
RE: The march of ages - by Shreya - May 01, 2016, 01:57 PM
RE: The march of ages - by Casmir - May 01, 2016, 02:34 PM
RE: The march of ages - by Spring - May 01, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: The march of ages - by Laika - May 01, 2016, 08:12 PM
RE: The march of ages - by Saēna - May 02, 2016, 09:23 PM
RE: The march of ages - by Gaia - May 03, 2016, 06:31 AM
RE: The march of ages - by Shreya - May 03, 2016, 07:42 AM
RE: The march of ages - by Laika - May 03, 2016, 09:15 AM
RE: The march of ages - by Saēna - May 04, 2016, 06:02 PM