Moonsong Glacier I'll never forget my mother's face; that was real
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He nodded slowly as she spoke at length, taking in her words. However, her inquiry into his earlier episode rattled him, and his gaze grew hard again, jaw clenched. Nosy girl. He took a few long moments before he responded; he didn't necessarily have to give the whole story away. Just an outline.

"My mother died when I was young," Phocion said, a sentence he had been forced to say too many times. "I'm over it, mostly, but sometimes, when I'm by myself, I see it in my mind. Again. I watched her die."

He let his voice grow softer as he continued. "My name is Phocion. I'm a member of the pack that lives on the mountain behind us. As for those mountains," he continued, looking to the south, "I'm afraid I don't know much. I crossed them on my way here, but I caught little glimpse of the pack that lives there."

Phocion cast a long look over Anita, taking in her appearance. She was blessed with a trim figure, and long legs; she looked swift and athletic. Her amber eyes were frank, and he knew her for a wolf that spoke her mind, despite a tendency to be sharp-tongued. He had the same quality, himself.

"I ran alone for most of my life," Phocion said. "I didn't realize how great it was to be part of something bigger until I came here." He nodded up toward the mountain again. "If joining a pack is something you seek, you need not worry about getting your head ripped off. Stand at the border, be polite, and, most importantly, keep your mouth shut, except to answer their questions." He grinned.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll never forget my mother's face; that was real - by Phocion - June 04, 2016, 02:16 PM