Blackfoot Forest I'm not getting any younger.
13 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
I made them as accurate as possible.

The request was fair, so the massive cranium nodded once and McTavish closed his brilliant orbs in concentration. There were many plants that were edible, some only certain parts. Some you could eat the whole thing if you chose. 
Though, it was only a starving wolf that ate flora. 

Fortunately there were tiny sprouts of green beginning to spring up here and there, along with fine patches of grass. Unfortunately it would still be awhile till the herds made their appearance. Taking a deep breath, McTavish launched into his lecture.
"First of all, ye must know that what yer aboot to eat won't kill ye. Arrowroot is something ye can knaw on for hunger pains and it gives some strength. Usually ye can find it near slow moving water and has three pointed leaves but ye hafta dig the buggers up. It's the tubers ye want. Then there is Borrage leaf which is commonly known to help a nursing mother produce more milk. A green leafy plant called Kudzu, they look a wee bit like a lily pad but grow around the bases of trees..Oh, an Goosetongue. Looks like it sounds. Thick, long, green pods they are. Ye can eat the whole damned plant. Isna verra tasty but they will keep ye alive for a few days anyway."

McTavish snorted through his wide nostrils before continuing.

"Don't get Goosetongue confused with Arrowgrass though, or its off ta the grave wit ye. After a few hours of agony and vomiting that is." 
Maybe that was too much information? However, he had seen the consequences first hand and thought it better to warn the Alpha before a mistake was made.

Surely the hardest part was over and the aging Scot could relax a bit now.
Messages In This Thread
I'm not getting any younger. - by McTavish - May 31, 2016, 10:37 AM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by Maevra - May 31, 2016, 10:57 PM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by Tantalus - May 31, 2016, 11:28 PM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by McTavish - June 02, 2016, 01:16 AM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by Maevra - June 02, 2016, 07:18 AM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by Tantalus - June 02, 2016, 09:37 AM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by McTavish - June 03, 2016, 03:24 PM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by Tantalus - June 11, 2016, 10:34 AM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by McTavish - June 14, 2016, 12:11 PM
RE: I'm not getting any younger. - by Tantalus - June 14, 2016, 01:04 PM