Blackfeather Woods From the ground up
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Life sure hadn't been nice for the Lanius-Rochester family with all the madness and frustration going on, especially not now Burke barely talked to her. Every night she struggled to fall asleep, afraid her nightmares would rule over her like a plague like they had done the first week in Teekon. She was afraid; afraid her kids might be taken from her by Dickhead Damien and Nasty Nemesis, afraid Burke might never talk to her again, afraid little Pyro wouldn't make it through the famine. She was even afraid she might be locked in here forever, or maybe killed with her pups. Burke probably hadn't noticed her tear-stained face every morning, but yes, she had cried- a lot. Here she thought they could be a happy family, that she would get accepted, that her children would grow up to be just as great as their father. But all seemed lost now.

This morning she awoke to find no Burke behind her and the kids sleeping. Had he really left? N-No, he would never leave her to die here. Her thoughts wandered off to all the nice moments they had spent with each other, all leading up to their last interaction thus far. Him growling and snarling at her while she had only tried to help. She could understand part of why he had done it, but that did not make it hurt less. She loved him, she was quite sure of that now, and feeling as if her love was not returned made her feel even more miserable. not even the sight of the sleeping Vassago and Pyro could cheer her up as a single tear streamed out of her good eye. She nosed to two balls of fur softly, giving them both a lick on their tiny heads, before there was someone in the den opening.

A small gasping noise left her mouth as the dead duck was placed before her, and she quickly shoved her face into her own fur to remove her salty tears. As she looked up again, she saw the handsome sight of Burke, and it hurt her heart seeing his face. She wanted to love him, she wanted to be close to him and she wanted that attention to be returned.

She sighed with him, her eyes focused on the ground now. The apology was accepted, though it still didn't tell her if he loved her in return. She still needed to say something though. It's okay... It's partly my fault too... She breathed, trying hard to control her voice and her emotions. If only-... If only I hadn't gone out that day when I was in heat, none of this would've happened...
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

Messages In This Thread
From the ground up - by Burke - June 18, 2016, 02:22 PM
RE: From the ground up - by Malice - June 18, 2016, 02:42 PM
RE: From the ground up - by Burke - June 18, 2016, 04:57 PM
RE: From the ground up - by Malice - June 18, 2016, 05:18 PM
RE: From the ground up - by Burke - June 18, 2016, 05:49 PM
RE: From the ground up - by Malice - June 18, 2016, 06:30 PM
RE: From the ground up - by Burke - June 19, 2016, 09:00 AM
RE: From the ground up - by Malice - June 19, 2016, 09:28 AM
RE: From the ground up - by Burke - June 19, 2016, 09:41 AM
RE: From the ground up - by Malice - June 19, 2016, 09:52 AM
RE: From the ground up - by Burke - June 19, 2016, 10:44 AM