Moonspear Out Of My Comfort Zone
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
That hadn't unexpected. He had expected help to come much later, when this was brought to attention to the pack. He thought the alpha's would have picked volunteers. But this actually made things easier on him. Right away he could teach him so that later when the greenery had returned fully they could find a substantial amount.

"Well, this one" he carefully reached in and picked up one of the dried up herbs and set it before them. "This is Oak Leaf. It is used to stop wounds and helps fight infection. This is a healer's need-to-know and a best friend to an injured wolf." In it's current state it was all brown. "When we go looking, look for a green one. Brown leaf equals dead." Surely Floki knew that, but just in case. He did ask for the basics, after all.

"One thing you should be wary about when collecting herbs are the poisonous ones." Luckily for them, he knew poisons. And how some poisons were similar to herbs. "For example, Poison Oak. It is similar to Oak Leaves. See the points? Poison Oak has this too. Trust me, I got confused once. Did not end up helping a scratch I had. Very hard to tell the difference. However, there is a saying. 'Leaves of three, let it be'." He felt the itching sensation poison oak had given him that time. Right on his rear.
I got that saying from a website about the differences. Also, in current time would herbs have grown back by now?
Tricky Trickster Trickles Tricks
Free for any threads...if you dare.
Messages In This Thread
Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Judas - June 05, 2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Floki - June 08, 2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Judas - June 08, 2016, 05:59 PM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Floki - June 14, 2016, 10:42 AM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Judas - June 14, 2016, 08:30 PM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Floki - June 17, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Judas - June 18, 2016, 09:14 PM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Floki - June 22, 2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Out Of My Comfort Zone - by Judas - June 23, 2016, 03:57 AM