Redhawk Caldera sometimes following your heart means losing your head
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
[i]probably just the one post from me. Y'all can choose if your character hears him or not :)[i]

Shrike had been trailing the female's scent since she had originally left the packlands. He'd been well behind her, of course, but the dogged male had picked up speed and managed to close some pf the distance between them as soon as he'd caught her scent trail leading back toward the packlands. 

For the life of him, he couldn't figure out why she would go back. It would have been a smarter move to get as far away from that area as possible...Was she plagued by guilt and giving herself in, or was this all a part of her plan to try and separate the wolves in the pack by striking again? Naturally, Shrike assumed the latter, and ran himself ragged trying to get back to the pack on time. 

Out of breath and with a sinking feeling in his chest, he had to come to terms with the fact that no matter how fast the silver dart ran, she would reach the Caldera before him. He had only one option- to try and warn them, though he feared (nd rightly so) that he would be too late once again. Though his deep inhale made him see stars, he drew a mighty breath into his narrow chest and howled louder than he ever had, and with a message as clear and brutal as he could manage. 

[I]ALERT. PETER KILLER. FEMALE. BORDERS. KILL ON SIGHT[i]

Staggering sideways following his call, Shrike pushed himself forward again, following her scent...Until a more fresh trail crossed his path when he'd nearly reached the borders. She'd won again, but had hopefully left without a prize. 

Mournfully, and knowing he'd missed the opportunity to strike the female down and deliver justice, Shrike howled once more, indicating that he would pursue her once again. 

Exhausted, and falling behind more and more as his body began to fail, Shrike moved away from the borders again, with the feeling he would never catch up with the one who had murdered the Caldera's Peter.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread