Ankyra Sound You and I
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
She apologized for not howling, though in truth it was her flinch that made him believe her words to be genuine. Yet, Kjalarr offered no apology of his own — and not because he was trying to be an asshat. He stood by his words. It may not have been her intention but her reply to his question had made it sound as if they were not worth the effort to howl. A lone wolf sitting close to their borders only served to raise his suspicions of ill intention. Howling was a courtesy but it also alerted a pack's wolves to the howler's presence. Staying quiet gave off the impression that she was trying to be sneaky, like she didn't want to be found and Kjalarr was protective and territorial by nature as it was. This behavior only served to spike it.

She lowered herself to the ground before him: an offering of humility and respect. The Viking accepted it with a rise of his chin and a low snort that pushed from his leathery, black nostrils. Yet he held steadfast to his silence as he contemplated what she had to offer them. She spoke that she could care for the young. “We have no formal sitters among our ranks,” He drew as he broke his silence. “Not a bad skill to boost of, I think, though I suspect you will have to gain the trust of our Queen, Caiaphas and their mother, Lusca before they let you near the children.”

“A healer also is needed, though skills and prowess in battle are always sought after.” After all, what was a pack without wolves that could defend and protect it? “Why Saltwinter?” He asked next, after he pondered over the skills she spoke that she could offer them. It was a question more of his own curiosity than anything else but he supposed it was still important, in a way. No doubt there were plenty of packs in the Wilds to choose from.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
You and I - by Ishild - June 25, 2016, 08:19 PM
RE: You and I - by Kjalarr - June 26, 2016, 05:20 AM
RE: You and I - by Ishild - June 26, 2016, 11:05 AM
RE: You and I - by Kjalarr - June 26, 2016, 11:23 AM
RE: You and I - by Ishild - June 26, 2016, 06:15 PM