Two Rivers Isle i learned the voices died with me
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
The self-proclaimed leader spoke of them, that they liked their privacy and explained the Isle's makeup to the Fearghal though this was largely unnecessary. Arturo had, had plenty of time to explore the territory he had intended to claim before he had ventured off on his scouting trip and these wolves had come along. While the mechanics of their pack sounded like they might be well founded they, however, did not suit Arturo in the slightest. His fiery orange-red gaze stayed level as he continued to hold Burke in his unwavering gaze, the gangster's expression unchanging. The truth was a simple thing: Arturo, while at one point had came to the realization that he would need to join a pack to survive the famine, knew that to subjugate himself to a subordinate once more when he once reigned as Ceannasach was far from ideal. Yet, life had begun to breathe anew into the Wilds and he had intended to stake his claim only for his plans to be brought to an abrupt obstacle in his way: namely these wolves who failed to acknowledge that he had once held some sort of weak claim upon this Isle. He was a gang leader. He had done his time as a subordinate and would not humble himself before someone who made no effort to negotiate. It was obvious they planned to go no where, speaking as if their claim was already official, as if they held the only rights to the Isle.

For a moment, though a moment only he considered it. Weighed the pros and cons against one another. Arturo prided himself on his intelligence but it was equal to his resolve. He was not easily persuaded and the offer made to him was feeble in the gangster's mind.

The Ceannasach did not bow to those who stole from him, who did not intend to offer him anything more than any other pack in these Wilds would be willing to give him. His fiery eyes slid to the pallid woman as she spoke up, telling him that he should not be so quick to mistake their size for weakness. Yet, that was exactly what it was in reality. Should they be pitted against a full pack they would struggle to find victory. After she had spoken her piece his gaze flickered back to Burke, fixing him in a piercing stare. “No.” Arturo said simply. He knew what he wanted and to settle for anything less was to relinquish his dignity which he had managed to hold onto through the famine. He had not came this far to slide back down the ladder.

With that simple word spoken he turned and made his departure, crossing the river with ire seething beneath his skin. Arturo was not a man with only a single plan and for now, his first was abandoned for the next.
Arturo's exit
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i learned the voices died with me - by Arturo - June 23, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Burke - June 24, 2016, 06:53 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Aeronwyn - June 24, 2016, 07:11 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Arturo - June 24, 2016, 03:50 PM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Burke - June 25, 2016, 05:33 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Aeronwyn - June 25, 2016, 11:39 AM
RE: i learned the voices died with me - by Arturo - June 28, 2016, 05:18 PM