Silvertip Mountain It's lonely at the top
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
As the look on her face was so hopeful, Steady was expecting a question about their status, as it was on the list of things he thought about on a daily basis. He liked her, and he knew she felt the same about him, but they hadn't had "the talk" yet, and he was a little hesitant to bring it up. He thought she was bringing it up now. 

But, what she asked was a far cry from the topic of their relationship. As much as he had missed her, she was now asking to stay away for an official scouting trip with Anita. No matter how much he wanted her here, it was obvious to him she had other things on her mind. And he would not deny her. His expression was kept perfectly neutral as he nodded once. Sure, he said simply, his voice as neutral as his face. 

Her reasons were sound, he admitted to himself. They would need to know the movement of the herds, and if that had changed from before the locusts came. If it had, it would benefit the pack to know the best places to hunt. Deciding he was done swimming, he waded to shore and hoisted himself out of the water, shaking off the access from his fur. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
It's lonely at the top - by Steady - June 27, 2016, 06:11 PM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Niita - June 27, 2016, 08:49 PM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Steady - June 27, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Niita - June 28, 2016, 12:02 AM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Steady - June 28, 2016, 12:40 AM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Niita - June 28, 2016, 12:49 AM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Steady - June 28, 2016, 07:33 PM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Niita - June 28, 2016, 10:47 PM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Steady - June 29, 2016, 11:31 AM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Niita - June 29, 2016, 11:25 PM
RE: It's lonely at the top - by Steady - June 30, 2016, 12:46 PM