Coconut Grove the quake in my breath
5 Posts
Ooc —
For how long she'd remained there, hidden away from the burly stranger, she knew not. Several times over had she mustered up the courage necessary to peek out in his direction, but quickly would she return to her previous position each and every time. Her way had been lost, and with it her siblings. The woman's mind wandered back to the last time she'd seen them, recalling her brother's face more clearly than her sister's. Though she missed them both terribly, and feared the possibility of them carrying on in life without her, it was Xaaos' choice that worried her most. Would he look for her, or would she be forgotten altogether? Quite the pessimist she was, for her thoughts had beelined for the latter of the potential outcomes. Vutia was sure to be cast aside, remembered only by the sea whose waves had once caressed her so tenderly. The continuation of her lineage would be left to Dapphion, her dear little sister.

All hope had seemed lost, but then something extraordinary had happened. When the time had come for her to glance out at the dark brute once more, her eyes had been dragged over the scenery beforehand, offering her a glimpse at what she'd first assumed to be a mere mirage. Yet, upon closer inspection, she had realized that it was quite the opposite. For there on the shore stood her brother and sister, silent but alive and truly there. Relief filled her to the brim, all the while her heart beat madly within her chest. They had searched for her, and they had found her, just as they always did. For a moment, the large mass of a wolf had been forgotten entirely, for focused upon her lover had Vutia become. Needing no coaxing, she'd abandoned her place of hiding and made quick work of the distance between herself and home, refusing to stop until her family had been reached.

A glance had been offered to her sister, quick but meaningful, silently offering her thanks before looking straight towards Xaaos. Despite being uncertain of how her appearance might affect his mood, she'd allowed for her muzzle to dart forward and deliver a quick lick to his chin. Thereafter, her place at his side was filled, and the happiness that had come with being found melted away. As only then had she remembered the unknown male, his presence there being concerning. Vutia was fearful of his capabilities, of course, but tried her best to put on a brave front.
Messages In This Thread
the quake in my breath - by Skellige - June 21, 2016, 11:36 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Vutia - June 22, 2016, 01:28 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Dapphion - June 22, 2016, 09:41 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Xaaos - June 25, 2016, 03:44 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Skellige - June 28, 2016, 01:09 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Vutia - July 02, 2016, 11:55 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Dapphion - July 03, 2016, 08:49 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Xaaos - July 05, 2016, 02:12 PM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Skellige - July 06, 2016, 03:02 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Vutia - July 18, 2016, 02:03 AM
RE: the quake in my breath - by Dapphion - July 18, 2016, 04:33 PM