Stavanger Bay and miles to go before i sleep
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The words that he had spoken seemed to bring life to her small frame, and the woman wiggled excitedly in response. He watched her with a curious glint to his dark gaze before deciding not to remark on the happy nature that surrounded the woman. She was a peculiar companion, but welcome in his mind. The sea had taken her and birthed her… it had washed her of her previous life and sent her to live underneath his care and his command. The Witch Doctor – though he did not know her true name – was something of a prized possession for the leviathan. The mystics had answered his call and had given him what he needed to meet his tireless efforts.

At the mention of the blessing, the wiry female seemed to draw herself close to him and made herself small. When she spoke to him, her voice was level and there was a rationality there that he had not seen before. Though she seemed disappointed in her lack of direction, he listened to all that she had to offer, and then frowned thoughtfully as she drew to a conclusion. The sea had not given her answers for their blessing, and she was inquiring to him the nature in which Warsaw had been touched. He could recall the ceremony in great detail, but it did not push him to answer right away.

The sight of Szymon drew his attention and he lifted his crown upward to glance at his pale brother’s form. A small nod of attention was directed to the pallid Cairn before Skellige fixed his gaze back on the sea witch. She had apologized to him and stressed the importance of the ritual. He did not dispute this, nor did he instruct her to cease her apologetic nature. By that same token, however, the sea king did not blame her in the slightest.

“The ceremony is difficult, I have heard. We must gather herbs that reek of the waters. Sprinkle their holy water on the edges of our terrain. There will be other herbs to give each of us the sight so that we might witness the spirits that come to aid us. Blood will be laid out in the least protected areas of the pack so that it is blessed by the crimson of the ocean life. Once we have marked our land, you must commune with the mystics and they will bring a feast to us,” he told her, motioning with his muzzle towards the waters. When Warsaw had been blessed by the mystics, the Cairns had feasted on the body of a dolphin. This time, he prayed they would bring him a shark. “It is tasking, I know, but you will be able to do this.”
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
and miles to go before i sleep - by Skellige - July 01, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Doe - July 01, 2016, 05:16 PM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Skellige - July 02, 2016, 04:25 AM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Doe - July 02, 2016, 08:51 AM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Skellige - July 02, 2016, 02:16 PM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Doe - July 02, 2016, 06:43 PM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Szymon - July 05, 2016, 04:13 PM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Skellige - July 06, 2016, 03:16 AM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Doe - July 06, 2016, 10:01 AM
RE: and miles to go before i sleep - by Szymon - July 06, 2016, 11:41 PM