Blackfeather Woods kid, you'll move mountains
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She listened as Kendra let down her facade, for once. But she was met with something other than she had expected. Hurt. It was everywhere, etched into the girl's features, her eyes, her absent smile.  "No, I have not noticed because that is a lie. We all wished we were dead instead of Peitro, but we can't make that happen. Your life has not been easy, yes, but it is not without happiness. You are making it that way," Her tone was strict but it was not merciless. She would never understand exactly how Kendra felt, but she knew the hurt she faced. Maybe Burke's abandonment did hurt her more than any of them expected, and the trials of her life before then had not helped. She did not blame the girl for feeling isolated, but she did blame her for not doing anything about it. "Life is shitty. But pushing everyone away is only going to make it shittier," She was blunt about it, no lie or fib to her tone. It was the way it was. Things happened that no force could forsee, and no effort could stop it but things still happened. It was the way life worked, no going around it and no escaping. 

She was somewhat relieved to hear that it had been Cicero that had explained things to her, yet he had not been around to witness everything. "Burke was a good Alpha, but after a while, his focus was not the pack anymore. He took Malice from her pack, fed her our food while we starved and expected us to agree with him. Many others did not agree with this, and Damien confronted him. I will not lie, we were more harsh than we should have been, but we must do what is right for the pack even if it doesn't seem fair at the time. Burke was getting old, he wasn't as ambitious as we needed him to be to bring this pack bigger than it was. But I promise, I never ever wished to see him dead or gone the way he is now. In the end, Burke stepped down by his own terms. That was enough for us. That was enough for me. That was not enough for.. another," 

"One day, we found Burke gone. He left, by his own will. I expect Malice persuaded him, or he simply did not wish to be without his Alpha title. I'm sorry he did not come to you, Kendra. I would not have stopped him. But his choices are his own, something that I or anyone expect to happen. If he were here now, I would apologize, for it should not have gone down the way it did. If I could go back and change what happened, I would," Her eyes cast downward, genuinely upset. It had not turned out the way she wanted it. Burke was supposed to stay, stay with them, but he had not. She had been so angry when she found him gone, but mostly sad. Sad that he had finally chose Malice over his family. To this day, she still did not know why he had left. She had no idea that living in the den was as bad as they made it out to be, for she had only assumed that was what Malice did anyways. Now, she realized, Damien had only wanted it for his own gain. He had conned them all, tricking her into believing Burke was worse than he was. He had tricked them all into supporting him so that he could for once, be King. Perhaps Kendra was right, they were fake. But that did not mean Nemesis would stop making choices that would benefit Blackfeather Woods, though she did not carry the same respect for Damien as she did before. 

"It is not only your life that has had pain. It is not only you who has lost loved ones and felt betrayal. But it is only you who is choosing to do nothing about it," Nemesis had struggled to get past her family's abuse. She still had not, even when she reached Blackfeather Woods for the first time. But she had found a will to overcome the pain, and ultimately find Kove. She was not a success story, and would never be, but at least she had something to call her own. She had a family, because she made one. It did not come to her. 

"I will not try to sell you a story, or change you, or treat you like a child because I know you are smarter than that. But I will tell you this, you will never be happy if you keep going the way you are going,"

And with that, she would give no more effort to make the girl see. What Kendra decided to do was up to her, to cause her destruction or to end it. It was her choice, right or wrong.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
kid, you'll move mountains - by Nemesis - July 17, 2016, 05:52 PM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Kendra - July 18, 2016, 05:12 AM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Nemesis - July 18, 2016, 02:12 PM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Kendra - July 19, 2016, 04:23 AM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Nemesis - July 19, 2016, 09:40 AM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Kendra - July 19, 2016, 11:10 AM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Nemesis - July 19, 2016, 12:11 PM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Kendra - July 19, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: kid, you'll move mountains - by Nemesis - July 19, 2016, 04:48 PM