Redhawk Caldera No walls around me
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He could have showed her more of the pack lands, but instead, he'd chosen to create yet another safeguard against the murderer should she return to the pack again. A fair use of time, he felt, given that it was absolutely necessary that they keep that female away from the pack and maintain a safe home. He also knew that him leading her around and showing her the packlands was more or less useless- she could just as easily explore on her own, but there was no way he was going to go against the orders he'd received from Fox to show the newbie around. At least Sassafras wasn't annoying and seemed to follow along quite willingly without expecting him to point out all the good pokestops. 

She was quiet as they moved, and it was a good tactic on her part; had she asked too many questions he might have gotten frustrated with the role he'd been given and dumped her somewhere. As this was not the case, he found himself wondering a bit about her merely because she seemed agreeable. Where had she come from, what had she done with her life up until this point, what were her assets...But then again, Shrike wasn't a great conversationalist so he too kept his trap shut. He had yet to take any courses in being friendly beyond Social Skills 101. 

Finally they reached the area he'd left the tuft of fur, and found that there were several other packmate scents in the area; he hoped the word had spread about the fur and that Peregrine and Fox had been advising their packmates to pick up the scent lest it appear on their borders again. It took him some time, wandering in a zig-zag pattern to find the tuft of hair, as it didn't exactly leave behind a scent trail, but it wasn't too far from the place where he'd left it, encased in several leaves and held down by a rock. He gently nudged the rock aside with his nose and delicately lifted each leaf away with ginger teeth before he saw the flattened clump of hair. Still dark and ominous, and getting smaller by each day, but it was there. He stepped back as soon as he'd unveiled it, so as to not mask the fur with his own scent. He knew that perhaps by now the scent of the female had possibly faded- but he would let Sassafras smell it first, to see if she could get anything out of it. He gestured, and allowed her to approach, hoping she'd have the sense not to sniff to hard and send the hairs flying away.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread
No walls around me - by Shrike Redleaf - June 30, 2016, 03:38 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Sassafras - June 30, 2016, 09:34 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Shrike Redleaf - July 03, 2016, 02:33 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Sassafras - July 03, 2016, 11:32 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Shrike Redleaf - July 20, 2016, 11:04 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Sassafras - July 22, 2016, 09:45 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Shrike Redleaf - July 26, 2016, 04:30 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Sassafras - August 16, 2016, 07:13 PM
RE: No walls around me - by Shrike Redleaf - August 17, 2016, 12:15 AM