Grouse Thicket Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He answered, and to her surprise, honestly and in-depth. He could have, had he wanted to, merely said "meh" and been done with it. But the fact that he confided in her made her feel honoured, and truly drove in the fact that she had changed since coming to Teekon. Had she been the fiend that she was, she doubted that anyone would be civil enough to speak to her, let alone confide such a thing in her. She listened carefully, and was reminded of her first attempt at pack life. But something hit home with her, and she suddenly realized what he was referring too. The Glade. Shit. That he could be a part of them...one of those sheep, following the false King and Queen-but he had said that he felt like he didn't belong, seemed to share her views on the matter. 

This talk of royalty and the stuck-up wolves that led the place led to a fierce dislike for the court, however, her assumption was made with no words other than a subtle, momentary stiffening when she had first realized of where he spoke. Hesitantly, she began to speak, not of her views of the court, but of her own story. "When I first came to the wilds I soon joined a pack.  It seemed perfect, until I realized...they weren't who I thought them to be, nor was I who I had once been. One day, they did something, a horrible, unnecessary thing that had me leave, and forge my own path, pledge my loyalty to those who sought a better home." It was vague, and she skipped a few details, but it held significance to her, and she did not quite know why she told it to Nicolas. It was the same feeling that she had held onto when she had followed her Lord and Lady away from the brotherhood. "Now, I find myself here. My pack, it is one of learning, where one may pursue whatever they wish, and teach others of their own knowledge. It took a while, a few wrong turns, but eventually, I found a place I belong."

She was silent a moment longer, then spoke once more. "I know of the Glade. Of the Queen and the King, of the land they call royal. I have had...meetings, with both them and their followers." She didn't elaborate, not quite sure how to without dumping a whole new load of words on him. In her mind, she had rambled on already too much.
facilis descensus averno
Messages In This Thread
RE: Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat - by Aeronwyn - July 31, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat - by Nico - September 03, 2016, 11:19 AM