Grouse Thicket Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
He wouldn't have made it to the rank of Colonel back in Winterhail without using his senses to the best of his abilities. He remembered an old veteran, his trainer who used to tell him that he needed observe, rather than simply look and see, because if he simply saw, then he would overlook the important details. Everything, even the seemingly insignificant details, were important, and what one might think was useless, might be the key to solving the puzzle in the end. He kept this to mind even to this day, even after his mentor died, and it was that training that allowed him to notice Aeronwyn stiffening ever so slightly when he spoke. Nico did not know why, but he assumed it was either because something he said struck a nerve, or she knew what or who he was talking about. Not that it mattered to him..yet, so he didn't mention it.

Instead, Nico listened quietly as the pale fae began speaking, telling her own story. She spoke of the first time she arrived in these Wilds and joined a pack which seemed perfect up until she realised that they were not who she thought they would be and when they did something horrible, she left, pledging her loyalty to those who wished for a better home. Nico listened intently, even though he knew that her story was missing details - he didn't push, he, by no means, had any right to interrogate her on her personal life. In a way, he was glad she even bothered listening and offering him stories and advice in first place. Aeronwyn continued her story to present day, telling him that she'd found a pack where she belonged, a place of learning and teaching but most importantly that despite a few wrong turns, she found somewhere where she was needed and where she wanted to be.

Nico stared at her curiously and took a few steps closer to her before stopping, aware that she might not like to get close to him. Instead, he offered her one of his few genuine smiles that spread along the length of his face and lightened up his somewhat haunted green eyes, "Thank you," he murmured sincerely, hoping that his eyes and his expression would somehow convey the gratefulness he felt at her for sharing her story, for trusting him, a former soldier and spy and perhaps, for giving him, some well needed advice. Yet he still didn't know what to do with his current predicament. She opened her maw then, and told him that she knew of his pack and of his superiors, their royal land and that she had encounters with them. She didn't elaborate, but Nico could tell.

"You knew them, you know them," Nicolas tilted his head in a way a bird of prey may look at their target before diving in for the kill, but there was no malice in his eyes, or bitterness in his face, but rather, open curiousity. "Let me guess," the corner of his lip tugged upward into a crooked smile, "it wasn't a good encounter and you disliked it...them." He fixed his gaze on her gently and breathed quietly, before shaking his head and taking a small step back, "I'm so sorry for dumping this bullshit on you. You don't deserve to be burdened with my crap, I mean, wow, I'm an idiot, such an idiot." He took another step back.
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat - by Nico - July 31, 2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat - by Nico - September 03, 2016, 11:19 AM