Grouse Thicket Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
The small smile grew into a grin as Aeronwyn admitted that her relationship with Royal Fire Court was strained because of her anger and poorly marked borders. He laughed softly, a gentle noise that rumbled from his chest, "I'm going to assume by 'strained', you mean 'almost irreparable'," but there no vitriol in his tone but amusement, and like her, his eyes danced with mirth, something that hadn't happened in a while. It would be a lie on his part if he said he didn't miss it, or that he didn't miss being able to talk to someone with such ease.

But once he apologised, her silver eyes turned dark like a storm and she fixed her eyes on him firmly. The smile slowly faded from his face as his green orbs turned guarded. Contrary to his expectations, she did not yell or chastise, but reassured him that he, apparently, was not an idiot but that he was bold to confront his worries and admit them instead of hiding behind it. She said that his thoughts weren't bullshit but that they were true to him and thus, significant. Her last sentence in her speech spoke of struggle, but that it would be a wonder to finally find a place where one belonged. Nico's gaze grew wistful. The last place where the deWinter felt he belonged was in Winterhail, but now he'd left, and a small part of him wondered if he would ever find somewhere that felt like true home again.

He pulled himself back into reality and his gaze lightened, noting the proud stance she'd used to deliver the words and chuckled softly, hanging his head for a moment before lifting it up again, smiling at her. "I would have hugged you if I didn't think you would hate me for it," Nico said, "and," he flashed her one of his more charming smiles then, "you look beautiful, more than usual, when you're all proud and lecturing me like that." His eyes gleamed with a teasing glint, but he hoped he hadn't offended her with his last sentence, as he had meant for it to be a compliment, even though it wasn't one of the best he'd delivered. "But really, thank you, I mean it." He tilted his head thoughtfully, "Maybe I should leave the king's pack, but I dunno, I've sworn loyalty."
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat - by Nico - July 31, 2016, 08:38 PM
RE: Dancing on our feet to an introspective beat - by Nico - September 03, 2016, 11:19 AM